Studio 5000 Logix Emulate installation

dahnuguy

How does one obtain and install Emulate for RS Studio 5000?

Company has professional license and professional installed on VM.
No emulate.
I go to AB site to download and use our SN and product key for validation, and no emulate is listed for download.

https://compatibility.rockwellautom...wnload.aspx?keyword=studio+5000+logix+emulate

See attached for my result downloads available screen.

This is beginning to remind me of something Siemens would do.

I also tried using the RS Studio Pro install disc and there is no emulate selection in any of the menus on the install disc.

Emulate01.JPG

I could be wrong, but I believe Emulate is a completely separate install, so you might have to look it up by its product number, which appears to be 9310-WED200ENE. From what I've read, it seems that RSLogix Emulate and Studio Emulate are the same, but that might not be the case.

RSLogix Emulate 5000 and Studio 5000 Logix Emulate are the same. Just a name change to use the newer Studio 5000 name.

After you login on the RA site it will show you the products you are eligible to download based on the serial number you provided. If it doesn't show it, then you do not have a license for that product. Perhaps double-check the serial number you are using.

The Professional package "includes" Emulate. But include is a loose term. It is just meant to mean that Emulate is bundled with Studio. Emulate is a separate download from the Studio 5000 package and it is a separate installation as well. My guess is that it has its own serial number as well. I haven't had the discs in years so I can't say what is or isn't included on the disc. I would guess that Emulate would be on a separate disc because it is a separate product.

OG

I know I am quite late to this thread, but I was having a similar issue today with not being able to download the emulator.

The solution I found was to click "Show All" in the green box at the top of the downloads page, then searching for Logix Emulate on the next page that pops up
NhK4i4q

Select the version you want, and then click the download symbol on the right hand side.

It's frustrating that you have to go through these extra steps, but hopefully this will help somebody else.

How does one obtain and install Emulate for RS Studio 5000?

Company has professional license and professional installed on VM.
No emulate.
I go to AB site to download and use our SN and product key for validation, and no emulate is listed for download.

https://compatibility.rockwellautom...wnload.aspx?keyword=studio+5000+logix+emulate

See attached for my result downloads available screen.

This is beginning to remind me of something Siemens would do.

I also tried using the RS Studio Pro install disc and there is no emulate selection in any of the menus on the install disc.

Maybe you solved this problem already.
I had the same problem so I sent an email to RA support and received the following instructions:

1. Go to Rockwell Automation Website and click Support
2. Click on Downloads - Compatibility & Downloads.
3. Click on Downloads by Serial Number.
4. Sign in or Sign up if prompted.
If you believe you have already signed up but cannot remember your password, click the Forgot Password? button.

5. Once signed in, Enter Serial Number and enter the matching Product Key then click Validate

6. After clicking Validate, click Show All to show all products and options available for your license.

7. Enter Studio 5000 Emulate in search criteria as highlighted in the image given below:
(See Attached image)

8. Select Studio 5000 Emulate from the list and then select the version accordingly.

9. Once the version is selected, then click on the gray arrow pointed down.

10. Click on Accept button on Rockwell Automation End User License Agreement page.

11. Your browser should automatically download small executable file. The example screens shows Chrome, but you can use any browser.
You should see the following window appear at the bottom of the screen in Chrome browser

Note: Do not change name of that executable file, it's integral part of download process.

12. Once the file has finished downloading, click the down arrow next to the file name to show the properties box. Then click Open to run the Download Manager tool.

13. You can access Direct Download links on the same page by clicking link shown below:

14. You can see the Download Location just above the progress bar. During download you are able to change the Download Location, just click on "Change" next to download path.

Note: In order to generate direct download link or run the download manager make sure that the ’I Agree’ box is check under the EULA license agreement.

Note: When choosing Direct Download link make sure to click all the parts to download. Also be aware that web browsers have a direct download size limitation of 2 GB, therefore do not attempt to download more than this per download. In the example below you would need to download part 1 & part 2 in separate direct downloads to avoid losing data.

Note: Under the box with download links shown above there is a Click here if you are using the third-party desktop download manager which can be used to get a direct link that will not ask the user for serial number and product key combination even on the remote computer. It doesn’t require users to log-in to RA website as well.

Note: Refer to QA17695 - Software Download Troubleshooting Guidelines if you are having problems downloading.

If you still face any issues, please do let us know, However, if immediate assistance is required, please call us as per Phone support (https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/phone) and quote the Service Ticket Number 4010034446.

Thank you for contacting Rockwell Automation Technical Support!

Step 7 Studio Emulator.png

I know I am quite late to this thread, but I was having a similar issue today with not being able to download the emulator.

The solution I found was to click "Show All" in the green box at the top of the downloads page, then searching for Logix Emulate on the next page that pops up
NhK4i4q

Select the version you want, and then click the download symbol on the right hand side.

It's frustrating that you have to go through these extra steps, but hopefully this will help somebody else.
It helped me, thank you.