Stratix 5700 1783-bms20cgn

Hello,
my problem is that I can't access express setup mode, the web page you just showed is that you have access to express setup.
as I explained at the beginning the starting sequence is not done correctly and that the LED EIP MODE flasing green.
with putty here is what I noticed: see the attached image

I think the firmware is not working. I don't know how I can install it via SD card with Putty software knowing that the orders are really limited

I think the firmware is not working. I don't know how I can install it via SD card with Putty software knowing that the orders are really limited
driverx, I think you are (unfortunately) correct in your judgement. Is this Stratix a new, out of the box product? I hesitate providing further advice. Just would to tell you that if this product is new you should claim that it be repaired under warranty because a new product should allow express setup. It does seem to be the case that this is the latest firmware version according to this link from Cisco.
(https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284815848/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E2)

if it's new and under warranty I would call support between 8-5 Eastern USA time and get them to fix it. Don't call outside that time, the people you get then are way under trained and just ask the "did you plug it in" questions.
It's either a bad SD card, which I had to have them send me three new ones last year for my project, or a bad switch SD reader which I had to have them replace one of those last year too. And it was one of the big Layer 3 19" rack mount type.

Hello everybody,
finally the problem is solved, here are the steps that have been done to solve this problem:
1- you have to have another functional stratix.
2- insert a blank SD card into the functional stratix.
3- go to go to the device manger page - Admin - sync
4- select the Synchronize IOS image from Onboard Flash to SD card option and click submit. This may take a few minutes to complete fully. (FLASH TO SD)
5- remove the stratix card and put it in the problematic stratix.
6- at this step we will have access to the stratix normally with the express setup
7- SD TO FLASH (Synchronize IOS image from Onboard Flash to SD card option and click submit. This may take a few minutes to complete fully)
according to rockwell support even if a copy of stratix firmware is made via the website.
thank you

This is not good. It means someone else may also run into this very same problem. I hope the solution you have so very clearly documented can help others in the future.

Yeah, it would have been pretty bad if he didn't have another Stratix switch to copy the configuration from. If this was factory sealed from Rockwell I would be lodging a complaint.

Thanks for help!

Hello everybody,
finally the problem is solved, here are the steps that have been done to solve this problem:
1- you have to have another functional stratix.
2- insert a blank SD card into the functional stratix.
3- go to go to the device manger page - Admin - sync
4- select the Synchronize IOS image from Onboard Flash to SD card option and click submit. This may take a few minutes to complete fully. (FLASH TO SD)
5- remove the stratix card and put it in the problematic stratix.
6- at this step we will have access to the stratix normally with the express setup
7- SD TO FLASH (Synchronize IOS image from Onboard Flash to SD card option and click submit. This may take a few minutes to complete fully)
according to rockwell support even if a copy of stratix firmware is made via the website.
thank you

Thank's so much for this solution. I had this exact problem today due to a corrupt .tar file. Fortunately I was setting up 6 Stratix switches, and borrowed an SD card from a plc. This worked to the letter.
Grace and Peace to you and yours!

I had this same problem and I didn't have another Stratix 5700, what I did was download the firmware, place it on an Sd card (this step will make the switch boot but you can only access it through CLI) with commands I copied it to folder which is named the same as de .bin, then if in the flash:/ you have the vlan.dat and config.text files, you must delete them and boot the switch again. This will make it boot well and you will be able to do the express setup. In a few words, you only need the .bin in the folder, if you only copy the complete firmware to an SD it will boot but you will only be able to use the switch through CLI and not through the html.

I had this same problem and I didn't have another Stratix 5700, what I did was download the firmware, place it on an Sd card (this step will make the switch boot but you can only access it through CLI) with commands I copied it to folder which is named the same as de .bin, then if in the flash:/ you have the vlan.dat and config.text files, you must delete them and boot the switch again. This will make it boot well and you will be able to do the express setup. In a few words, you only need the .bin in the folder, if you only copy the complete firmware to an SD it will boot but you will only be able to use the switch through CLI and not through the html.
Patojo, brilliant! Too many people seem to have the same problem. I wonder if there was a batch of Stratix that were shipped with this incorrect factory settings.