Studio5000 work station options

jamesgsummers

When using Studio5000 I like to go to Tools>Options>Ladder Editor>Font/Color and change a lot of the item colors. I like to do this because if certain items are certain colors I can pick out different items in a ladder quickly when scrolling through a ladder. The problem is anytime I go to a new version I have to set these all up again. It doesnÂ’t really take a super long time but it would just be so much easier if I could somehow import these settings from version to version. My thought was to go into Program Files (x86)>Rockwell Software>Studio5000>Logix Designer>ENU and hopefully find the settings in each version and just swap them. Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is a way to export/import these settings

have you looked at the windows registry?

I think there is a way to export registry items to a text file, and then import that text file, as an incremental change, into another host's registry.

But for that to be useful, Studio5000 would need to store those options in the registry, and it may not do that.

Last edited:
drbitboy:

That's the way to do it, I just was experimenting on my machine (I'm crazy like that).

What the op is looking for is under: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000

for global colors they want to look under GlobalOptions\FontColor pre 31 and GlobalOptions\FontColor 2.0 for 31 and beyond.

For Ladder it's LadderOptions for 30 and below and LadderOptions 2.0 for 31 and beyond.

I had already set up 31 the way I liked it so I just copied the values to the not 2.0 options and it worked a treat. Just don't change while the program is running or it'll revert changes upon close.