WW SQL multiple select at once

ThatRA_Guy

Hey

I have a recipe edit page where i need to translate multiple numbers into text.
The window contains a recipe in the background with the following structure:

[0] FunctionID, Operation, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, Setpoint 3.
[1] FunctionID, Operation, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, Setpoint 3.
[2] FunctionID, Operation, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, Setpoint 3.

All this information is numbers. To reprecent this to the operator, i need to translate is to text. The translation is stored in a SQL.

My question is now, would is cause an issue to have each field as embedded symbol, which is running a SQL query triggers by "DataChange"?

When loading a new recipe, that could result in 25 query's simultaneously.

Below is an idea for the "DataChange" script. I have not tested it. So it is rough draft.

Symbol.PNG Script.PNG RecipeStructure.PNG

Hey

I have a recipe edit page where i need to translate multiple numbers into text.
The window contains a recipe in the background with the following structure:

[0] FunctionID, Operation, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, Setpoint 3.
[1] FunctionID, Operation, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, Setpoint 3.
[2] FunctionID, Operation, Setpoint1, Setpoint2, Setpoint 3.

All this information is numbers. To reprecent this to the operator, i need to translate is to text. The translation is stored in a SQL.

My question is now, would is cause an issue to have each field as embedded symbol, which is running a SQL query triggers by "DataChange"?

When loading a new recipe, that could result in 25 query's simultaneously.

Below is an idea for the "DataChange" script. I have not tested it. So it is rough draft.
Why not read all data in one SQL query into memory and then push to local memory tags and display. Then the the datachange function calls one SQL query to refresh rather than loads of queries ?

Why not read all data in one SQL query into memory and then push to local memory tags and display. Then the the datachange function calls one SQL query to refresh rather than loads of queries ?

How would you go about storing the data in a memory tag?
The result from the SQL, does not easily fit into the generic datatypes in InTouch.

Could you write an example?