TIA Portal: what's wrong with my sequence?

Hello

Thanks for your responses.

The process is a treatment water system. It consists of 24 steps. I am replacing a old sequencer device.

Enable timer should be "always on". I am using TONR because sometimes the process should stop in some step.

The Jump_Step_PB is because in some step it could finish before time is reached.

I am a novice with Siemens, my main experience is with AB.

I am considering all your comments.

I have a HMI_Data FC2 block, I use to introduce from HMI values to the timers and show the elapsed time, so I have created the attached network.

As i said, i need 24 timers, so I am repeating this Network 24 times...

I am considering to use FB block, and I have tried the first 3 timers as FB block, but each time that I use this FB block, a DB file would be created? So, I would have 24 DB for this FB block? I am reducing network in the FC block but I am adding DB to the main project.

or I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for your suggestions.

HMI_Data.jpg

I am considering to use FB block, and I have tried the first 3 timers as FB block, but each time that I use this FB block, a DB file would be created? So, I would have 24 DB for this FB block? I am reducing network in the FC block but I am adding DB to the main project.

Yes, each of the 24 FB (not FC) program blocks will have an associated DB.

If you assign the same DB to all timers that would mean you have one timer, used many times.

Edit: Sorry I am not following the thread, just read drbitboy's last post.
I think you maybe talking about an FB, which would react the same way if you assign any number of FBs to the same DB. But that is sometime necessary.

Last edited:
Perhaps a simpler way to deal with a rising edge of Jump_Step would be to add 10 to Main_Step_Seq on Network 1. Then you don't need the Finish_Step one-shot result or all of the ORed branches of (+-]Finish_Step[-+) before the MOVEs.

Hmm, I think all 24 cycles could be executed done with one TONR and one rung.