Read Data from Multiple PLCS

turbohamad

Hello Friends;
We have 10 NOS. the machines which were designed in RSLOGIX 5000 and the control system is TT4000 by SOLAR TURBINE.

I want to collect the read-only data by selecting the desired tags value and collecting all the data in one place.

Every machine has an ethernet module also.
We have RSLINK also.

Please guide me what is the best procedure to do that task.

I successfully read the tag values in excel by using DDE/OPC but it is for one machine only. Now I want to read the values from all machines in one excel sheet to show the online values to our manager.

Please guide me what is the best procedure to do that task.

Regards

Dear fluxCap;
Yes you are right but how i connect the RSLINK with all 10 machines.
For one machine i create the topic and read tag, then i move to other machine and go online and read tag,

But i want all the machine tags is read and display in excel.
how i connect all the machine and go online to read the individual topic in one place?

Regards

@turbo:
Try using python and pylogix , then write data to excel using openpyxl and xlswriter.
I know it is not easy, but once you learn you’re gonna like it.
You can get pylogix from GitHub.
I have been using thonny in order to use python and complements.
I am still learning, you need no rslinx.

You state that you "move to another machine and go online and read tag". Does that mean that the machines aren't on a network and all have the same ip address?

Hello FluxCap;
I can configure the Ethernet Module by assigning the different IP addresses.
Now, what do you suggest to make the Network?
Use router/switch to make a network?

I need your expert advice to develop the network?

Regards

Can you please send a diagram of the network that you have. It is not clear whether all the PLCs and the PC are in the same network or different network.

Dear AlfredoQuintero;

Please guide me on how and what is the best option to fulfill that task?
Image attached here?

Regards

Hello FluxCap;
I can configure the Ethernet Module by assigning the different IP addresses.
Now, what do you suggest to make the Network?
Use router/switch to make a network?

I need your expert advice to develop the network?

Regards

In order to put them on the same network, you will need to have unique IP addresses assigned for all 5 devices in your network. Once you have unique IP addresses, you can connect them together with an unmanaged switch. Simply plug the devices together into the switch and you will be able to reach every device with any device on the network.

Once you have the networking done and you can ping all the 4 PLC IP addresses from your display PC, open RSLinx and add new topics for the PLCs.

Once you have this, you can refer to this video to get all these into excel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BilNgj6HHY0

And changing the IP address of the plc will require updating the hmi with the new address methinks.This sounds like a Solar compressor installation. The ones I have seen used Panelviews. I don’t remember all the steps to get to where you can edit the address of the target device.

hello turbohamad. I think I need not add anything to PreLC's and FluxCap's advice. I fully agree with their statements. Good luck with the project.