scadapak

RY_Guthrie

I have a Scadapak controller model number 5203. I am having trouble getting it to communicate thru the serial port #1, did a cold boot to reset it to defaults. I have my laptop port set to as follows: baud 9600, data bits 8, parity none, stop bits 1 flow control hardware. I have tried various different configs on this but keep getting serial port config wrong scada pak is set to: Protocol DNP, duplex full, 9600 baud, data bits 8, none parity, stop bits 1, rx flow none, tx flow none port type rs 232. Get the message failed to connect the specified port, please verify port settings. I have tried using a null modem and tried without. Any guidance on what I may have wrong? Merry Christmas!! to all!!

MERRY XMAS TO YOU TOO. Have you tried comm port 2,3,4,5,6,7, or maybe proved up that your PC can see it in device manager.
AND MERRY XMAS TO YOU.
PS DONT EXSPECT TO MUCH ON XMAS DAY.
You might help your world/our sanity by stating is this a new set up or already working.

So please go back and state the issue properly and concisely,

l am getting sick of DRBB having to spend 2 pages, asking question, that he has only recently learnt to ask, (ha) then spending 25 hrs a day working your problem out.

Keep in mind,
a) in another 2 hrs someone else has a prob, that THEY are getting paid to fix (be interesting to guess how much businesses have saved $$, by the great forum members, or how many peoples have been saved by the knowledgeable people here, giving hard earnt knowledge for free and a lot of the cases very little acknowledgement from the thread starters, even DRBB the optimist is seeing it happen to him, which is saddening with the formidable effort he is putting in.
HIS BROTHER NEEDS TO WATCHOUT, or pat himself/brother on the back at the same time. DRBB you are a legend! no lies. You make us all look like PLC RETARDS, so PLEEASE apart from helping rockets into space, truly own up, NO PRIOR EXSPERANCE WITH plc"S?

b) OP goes to bed and sleep and DRBB stays up for the next 57hrs (underestimated l reckon) working the prob out, then he asks the question he should have asked 2 pages ago (P, but he is getting better, now he gets sleep every 48hrs)

DRBB, what l am writing is only a COMPLEMENT to you, l can not believe the effort you have put into this forum and peoples PLC PROBLEMS.

I hope peoples PLC problems keep coming, because l can see in a short time as you have more knowledge on coding, than anyone on this site ( that pretty much means, the world, it's pretty big time here!) that you may find something else to interest that computer in your head.

P may wish you weren't here, because no one has questioned his version of the truth, you have which is unbelievable and
I WOULD LIKE ANYONE ON THIS FORUM TO ANSWER DIFFERENTLY that DRBB posts are unbelievable concise and unbelievable educational too, if not everyone on this site, 98% of the forum members/free loaders (me).

Unlike P, he either knows how to spell, or at least uses spell check(ha ha with my ability, least l have an excuse/not l blame joints and alcohol!) and does it all with humour and plume.

DRBB (his initials should be a capitals, because he has earn't them),
watch out first (your still the first Lance) LEGEND (maybe you are him like l wondered early on, thought (albeit l have a sad feeling where those thoughts might go)) and Lances ability l think may have been challenged by you, your BRO watch out.

Have a great Xmas members, and l have just seen sirDRBB on another post, so lovely to see his presence on Xmas day as well as the Xmas cheer and correcting another legend

RIP LANCE01

(Lances 10,000 is going to be blown out of the water)

aL speling and grama mistakes is mine or mi bro who is a rocket science nut case, Xmas cheer to all and hope all interested parties have many more productive years. God Bless to you all, from a sort of non believer. I will be a believer in heaven just before l pass, lm told you can do that and not go to hell, please someone comeback and tell me it is true.

Last edited:
MERRY XMAS TO YOU TOO. Have you tried comm port 2,3,4,5,6,7, or maybe proved up that your PC can see it in device manager.
AND MERRY XMAS TO YOU.
PS DONT EXSPECT TO MUCH ON XMAS DAY.
You might help your world/our sanity by stating is this a new set up or already working.

So please go back and state the issue properly and concisely,

l am getting sick of DRBB having to spend 2 pages, asking question, that he has only recently learnt to ask, (ha) then spending 25 hrs a day working your problem out.

Keep in mind,
a) in another 2 hrs someone else has a prob, that THEY are getting paid to fix (be interesting to guess how much businesses have saved $$, by the great forum members, or how many peoples have been saved by the knowledgeable people here, giving hard earnt knowledge for free and a lot of the cases very little acknowledgement from the thread starters, even DRBB the optimist is seeing it happen to him, which is saddening with the formidable effort he is putting in.
HIS BROTHER NEEDS TO WATCHOUT, or pat himself/brother on the back at the same time. DRBB you are a legend! no lies. You make us all look like PLC RETARDS, so PLEEASE apart from helping rockets into space, truly own up, NO PRIOR EXSPERANCE WITH plc"S?

b) OP goes to bed and sleep and DRBB stays up for the next 57hrs (underestimated l reckon) working the prob out, then he asks the question he should have asked 2 pages ago (P, but he is getting better, now he gets sleep every 48hrs)

DRBB, what l am writing is only a COMPLEMENT to you, l can not believe the effort you have put into this forum and peoples PLC PROBLEMS.

I hope peoples PLC problems keep coming, because l can see in a short time as you have more knowledge on coding, than anyone on this site ( that pretty much means, the world, it's pretty big time here!) that you may find something else to interest that computer in your head.

P may wish you weren't here, because no one has questioned his version of the truth, you have which is unbelievable and
I WOULD LIKE ANYONE ON THIS FORUM TO ANSWER DIFFERENTLY that DRBB posts are unbelievable concise and unbelievable educational too, if not everyone on this site, 98% of the forum members/free loaders (me).

Unlike P, he either knows how to spell, or at least uses spell check(ha ha with my ability, least l have an excuse/not l blame joints and alcohol!) and does it all with humour and plume.

DRBB (his initials should be a capitals, because he has earn't them),
watch out first (your still the first Lance) LEGEND (maybe you are him like l wondered early on, thought (albeit l have a sad feeling where those thoughts might go)) and Lances ability l think may have been challenged by you, your BRO watch out.

Have a great Xmas members, and l have just seen sirDRBB on another post, so lovely to see his presence on Xmas day as well as the Xmas cheer and correcting another legend

RIP LANCE01

(Lances 10,000 is going to be blown out of the water)

aL speling and grama mistakes is mine or mi bro who is a rocket science nut case, Xmas cheer to all and hope all interested parties have many more productive years. God Bless to you all, from a sort of non believer. I will be a believer in heaven just before l pass, lm told you can do that and not go to hell, please someone comeback and tell me it is true.
Well first of all I did relate the issue and what i had in this case. Your condescending attitude is a disgrace to this forum and you should keep your opinions to yourself.

Just to be correct, you did not state weather it was a new installation or one that was working previously without changes.
You have just stated your problems trying to get comms, have comms ever be proven before.
Get a grip

Have you ever connected to this Scada, with which PC/OP, does it have all licences, the list goes own.
Oh, answers you supplied.
Please go back and think about how someone has to decipher all the things you haven't told and they don't know.

interesting, possible this is a problem out on an oil rig in the gulf of Mexico, anyone here with plenty of liability insurance, please give as much help as possible.
Merry Xmas

first off, telepace for ladder is not lic, I have not ever connected to it before and I have no idea if it has ever communicated in the past or not. As far as what i want to do with it once i connect has nothing to do with trying to connect, but since you asked, I will be configuring the I/O and writing a program in ladder logic. Firs thing I need to know is what controller do I select in the controller selection menu in telepace for a 5203 controller? It is trying to communicate since i see the tx and rx leds flash but I get a send command operation failed when I try to read or write to it. I also get a debug comment "read and check the controller type"

No apologue given or asked for interesting, still get right back to the basics, how/what are you using to try and communicate with, operating systems, adaptors, usb, 9 pin. we arn't mind readers. Funny l thought l asked this first post.
IS THIS BEING USED ON A OILRIG?

Well obviously you know nothing about this scadapak, this model only has serial comms, I am using windows 10 professional running through a usb to serial interface and who cares where it is being used? Do you try to be this big of an *** or does it come natural??? Jesus!!

Yes I understand serial comms very well, I have the comm port in questions set to the same baud, stop, parity etc set to the same as the scadapak. Again the only thing I really need to know is what scadapak do you select in the change controller selection menu for a scadapk 5203, if you dont know then stop replying,you are wasting my time with your lack of knowledge on the subject and you are condescending.

I bet you l could goggle Scada pack and know more than you in about 1 second Pick another controller and try.
Is the model you have showing on the drop down menu?
Yes/No, come on start helping yourself.
Im surprised when you know so much about comms you seem to be having a prob, l imagine other people who know a bit about comms would be communicating with it by now.
Merry Xmas