TI 510 Manual

dynomike75

I saw an old post from @bluebyu in a question about manuals and they said that they had one. I know it was 15 years ago, but I was hoping that someone had a copy of this manual.
I understand the commands, but I am getting a Pgr Ram Failure (005) after we were hit by the tornado here in Kentucky a few weeks ago. It is an old piece of machinery, but we need it up and running if possible. I can set up a new PLC, but didn't know if it would be quicker to troubleshoot this one.
I thought that maybe I was missing a step in the programming and was messing something up, but I do not know. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael W

I don't have an actual TI510 manual. What I have is the TI510 training manuals I used back in I think 1982. It was my first time touching a PLC, actually it was called a PC back then.
What I can get out of the Troubleshooting and Repair chapter is a 005 indicates a circuit failure in RAM. The repair procedure is replace 510. Since I don't have a manual with all the error codes this is a guess.
I would clear the controller memory (AUX 13?), enter a line or two of simple code (like X1 turns on C1), put it into memory and see if it will accept without errors and run.
We had a bunch of 5TI's and PM550's that lasted 25 or 30 years but started to have major circuit failures. Replacement would be best.

Thanks for getting back to me. It is strange, I was able to program it with the battery out and only power applied just fine. I then inserted the battery once I was done programming and everything works just fine, even after powering the unit down, there are no errors anymore. The same was true for two different programmers.

I tried the memory clear before, but it does not actually erase and clear the code for some reason. I could definitely have other things going on with the age of these things. We need to update all of our equipment on this tester, but I just needed something up and running quickly to keep production up and going.

I am working on a completely new solution now that is about 1/10 of the cost of replacement parts of this original one. In 1981, it was built with the best equipment, but the precision overall isn't even that great, so improving it slightly and making it more safe and automatic won't be too difficult.

Do you have an electronic copy of the TI510 training manual? I need to do some programming on one of our 510s and we cannot find our manual.

I don't have anything at all except the handheld. I just figured it out from trial and error, but can't be 100% certain I am using it correctly, but it works. There are definitely some hardware failures going on preventing it from booting properly without assistance, but given its age, I am not too concerned.

I have my new PLC now and am programming it up to replace the old 510.

We're setting up a spare in the shop to do some trial programming. It's been a few years since I've messed with this model of PLC. We had an old training manual, but no one can find it. We need to add it to our upgrade list, but it's a low priority area and always seems to miss the cut.