Omron CP1L remember counter

BAT

Hi!

Omron CP1L. CX Programmer. How do I fix so that a CNTRX(548) remembers the count it had before a power failure?

I need to know how many cycles something has happened, even though the main power fails.

Why use a counter just increment on a pulse a retentive integer or double if large counts.

Was just hoping it was a quick fix, hehe. Since I am just doing maintenance on a machine here...

Guess I can try what you said.

According to the manual counters "CNT" are retentive on power failure, I assume this is only if a battery is fitted See P28 of this manual.
Not used Omron in many years so CNT function may be different than the "C" type, many PLC's now support internal counters as before i.e. "C001" and the IEC function "CNT xxx" so it may be that only the latter is retentive.

http://www.jwtech.co.th/downloadjwtech/omron/omronmanual/CP1H.pdf