FactoryTalk Studio String Input

40mpg

Hello All,

I need your advice to see if the following solution is viable and if there is a better way of doing things:

1. I am using FactoryTalk ME Studio v11.0

2. Using Studio 5000 v.32 with a ControlLogix PLC

On the HMI application I used a "String Input Enable Box" to capture a string from the operator (.e.g. size4). I then store that string into a tag on the PLC, inputString.

In the PLC logic, I compare inputString using EQU with another known string, if they match then I set a testTag to a value.

Is there a better way of doing this, let's say on the HMI? as I did not see the "expression" is enabled for "string input enable"

That is what I have always done in the past. But some of the older PanelView would stick a CR-LF at the end of the string. For those in the PLC I use the FIND instruction instead. The EQU will fail if it is not an exact match. But new V11 should be fine.