what is the going rate for hating your job

I just upped my billable rate to $100/hr.
I'm thinking of quitting.
I'm miserable there.

I would presume that if one is a contractor, especially with their own business that as busy as it is out there that one could weed out all the "miserable" customers and just concentrate on those that behave.
I work for a supplier and it is the most disorganized, messed up place I've ever worked. However the money is very good. That notwithstanding I want to go back to an integrator. Money isn't everything. I worked for a while at an OEM, through a launch, and I felt it went fairly well however there was a toxic office environment.

Life is finite... Government tells us that money is not...

Some of the poorest people in the world have all the money.

If you wouldn't accept 800 dollars a day to take a kick in the nuts every hour on the hour, why would you want to take the verbal version for half as much?

well you can always do a work slowdown, get paid more and don't have to ask for a higher rate. Plus its more passive aggressive and what they expect out of a contractor.

Some years ago I took a project managemnt job with an OEM athrough I'm now back in the engineering department (officailly at least). I sometimes miss the variety that an integrator roll brings but I certainly don't miss the hassle that comes with it. I was chatting with a former colleague yesterday who is still an integrator and compared his Christmas/new year break to mine. He had three days off and spent the rest working long days on a machine upgrade while I had an 11 day break, spent time with my grandchildren and went to visit my elderly mother.

I can now plan things too. In short, I have a life now.

Nick

Just don't accept the job you hate, otherwise you risk ruining your reputation with a product that doesn't live up to your standards, and all because you tried to end it as soon as possible.

Just don't accept the job you hate, otherwise you risk ruining your reputation with a product that doesn't live up to your standards, and all because you tried to end it as soon as possible.

This is good advice for any business.

The biggest problem, is I recently had throat cancer. The dr. cut out my tongue. This makes it a little difficult to get new customers.