Monitor AB PowerFlex heatsink temp.

James42005

Is there a way to pull the heatsink temp from parameters to the PLC? I've had a couple critical drives fault recently for failed heatsink fans. We have them on a PM now, and I know you can set alarms for service life but that won't catch a premature failure. Any ideas?

as long as the fan is turning above some minimum speed the temperature doesn't matter. monitor whether the fans are running, e.g. a flashing light if the fan blades, or airflow, stops.

There's got to be a simple circuit to do that.

Powerflex 753 has the following parameters available through datalinks, I would start here.

941 IGBT Temp Pct
942 IGBT Temp C
943 Drive Temp Pct
944 Drive Temp C

It's been my experience that once the heatsink fans fail, you have about 10 minutes before the drive trips. Monitoring the heatsink temperature may not be the solution you are looking for.