Dependencies between DB variables (TIA17)

zoomable

Hi all,

I'm not a PLC programmer but I am interfacing with a PLC for a project (mostly the integrated OPC server on 1211C).

What is the best way to update a DB variable based on the value of another DB variable (I'm in TIA Portal 17)?

In the various YouTube videos I've watched in passing, a simple conditional update like this seems to be handled by adding an instruction to 'Network k'. I don't understand what these Network segments are in TIA...

Is there a programmatic trigger that could be used to automate the update?

Thanks
z

UPDATE: Add pseudocode

if _nest1Ready then _nest1Result := 0

where _nest1Ready is a bool in DB1, and _nest1Result is an int in DB1

Last edited:
If the block was created using LAD, you can intermingle LAD/SCL/STL networks as desired. If the block was created in SCL, you can only use SCL in the block. (Other block types are available, but not mentioned for clarity)

Getting static errors: "Access to your own instance DB is not permitted".

On Siemens forum I see this error can be suppressed. However it must exist for a reason?

My DB is based on a FB. Maybe that is why.

UPDATE: Figure it out; made reference to the FB variables instead.

Last edited: