Safety password required for parameter change?

bb76

I need to modify some parameters to trial a different encoder (SSI to TTL) in a TM PosInput module.

Am I right in assuming this is a hardware change and would need the safety password to complete?

I need to modify some parameters to trial a different encoder (SSI to TTL) in a TM PosInput module.

Am I right in assuming this is a hardware change and would need the safety password to complete?

It's a hardware change, but I'm not sure if it's a SAFETY hardware change. Unless the safety program is directly using the encoder value somehow? Or if it's something like an F-TM Count, the safe encoder module.

Similar Topics

Hello, I am curious if there is a way to reset a safety password on the CPU mentioned in the title. The previous tech that retired(I took his...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was monitoring in an S7 safety program that I received from a contractor. When I wanted to change the safety mode I needed to fill in...
Replies
Views
Several years ago before I arrived at my company, an integrator came in to do the automation on our system. They used a Controllogix 1756-L61S for...
Replies
Views
After some interesting conversation regarding the safety of emergency stops, I saw some posts talking about the safety standard conversation...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using AB 5069-L306ERS2 CPU. My system should achieve SIL-2. I have safety door switches connected to AB 5069-IB8S module, and I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom