Siemens S5 -> S7 Conversion

mirror_untrue

I am converting a Siemens S5 program to Step7 and a few errors in the conversion need to be manually corrected using equivalent commands in STL. Does any body know what commands can be used to replace the following in Step7

L RS 33

L RS 34

TIR 2

LIR 0

mirror_untrue

The two commands

L RS 33 and L RS 34

Mean that you are loading a word (33 and 34) from the system data range into ACCUM 1

TIR 2 means that you are transfering the contents of ACCUM 2 indirectly into a memory word addresed in ACCUM 1

LIR 0 means that you are loading the contents of a memory word, addressed by ACCUM 1 into ACCUM 1,

In the two above (TIR and LIR) 0 = ACCUM1 and 2 = ACCUM2 for both commands.

As for their Step 7 equivalents, that would depend on the context in what they were originally used and where the data is now stored in the S7 PLC, a L and T command would probably suffice, with a pointer to the correct memory area in the S7.

That's about all the help I can give, without seeing the program.

If I remember rightly, are the system data ranges addressed as S, or as I would call them S flags. I am not sure on that, perhaps someone would like to put me right on that.

Paul

Hi

As Paul correctly stated, RS are system data words.

RS33 & RS34 are address list pointers which show the start address of various block types (in the 135U/150U CPUs anyway)

RS33 = start of FX list
RS34 = start of DB list

(Paul - S flags are the 'extended' flags)

PLucas said:
If I remember rightly, are the system data ranges addressed as S, or as I would call them S flags. I am not sure on that, perhaps someone would like to put me right on that.
[/B]
If you mean S7-300/400 - no.

krk

Thanks for putting me right on the extended flags, they rang a bell.. but obviously the wrong one. :rolleyes:

jacekd

No I didn't mean S7's, the whole post was about S5's and that was what I was refering to.

Paul

krk, where abouts in Kent are you?

Hi
I have PLC S5 115uU and I try to use CPU S7 414 and S5 I/O rack. When I converter S5 program , i find some eroor for FB 12 ( FIFO ) and Fb 250 ( Read Analog input ) and FB 251 ( Write to analog Output).
Could you help me how can fixed these errors.
My email: [email protected]

Thanks
Albert

Steveo,
If you want to save some money and time. Look at the Vipa S5 CPU's and the 200 series I/O. If you only have I/O and not CP, IP's or other intelligent cards. this is an inexpensive way to upgrade to a new faster system. Once upgraded then you can rewrite the program at your leisure in step 7 and test it out as you go with their 200 series S7 processors and simply switch back and forth until you have the program converted and tested.