AD 250-1 CPU How can I reset-erase this CPU so I can use it with a NEW program withou

Re: Password for DirectLogic 250-1 CPU

Does DirectLogic have a feature like AB SLC that will allow you to reset the CPU?

I do not remember putting any password to this un-used 250-1. Yesterday I was trying to connect for a new project and I got the Password request window.

Question:
AD 250-1 CPU How can I reset-erase this CPU so I can use it with a NEW program without me having to email it to AD?

Thanks guys

Andy

Also:

I already remove the battery, but I'm afraid of having to wait several days for the capacitor to discharge.

Is there a better and quicker way to do this?

Thanks

Andy

Anibal Hernandez said:
How can I reset-erase this CPU so I can use it with a NEW program without me having to email it to AD?

I don't think it will fit through your modem... ;)

As our resident A-D guy (icky812) explained in THIS thread, it has to go back to them... :(

beerchug

-Eric

Nelson:

Out of curiousity, where is this password kept in the memory?

If I remove the batery and wait a few days for the large capacitor to drain, would the password erase itself from memory?

Anibal

Sorry to barge in here, I dont know AD PLCs, but on AB SLCs there is a large capacitor that you have to discharge in order to clear the program. I simply place a jumper for 1 minute between the solering points of the capacitor.
Maybe you can locate the capacitor by just looking at the circuit board of that AD CPU.

Anibal,

Your stuck!! The program is stored on a flash rom. You can remove the battery, wait for 10 YEARS, and your password and program will still be there. You MUST send the CPU back to AD. They will "reset" the CPU, and when you get it back, both the password and program will be gone.

Hate to be the barer of bad news.....

Mike.

Or...

If the EPROM is riding in a chip-carrier, you might be able to simply remove the EPROM and repace it with a clean one.

If it is soldered in place... maybe you can find someone that routinely does component (chip replacement) repairs on circuit boards.

Maybe Icky will clarify this part but when I did it they didnt charge anything, the only cost was shipping. That may be a factor that needs to be considered, I would check with AD.

Terry Woods said:
Or...If the EPROM is riding in a chip-carrier, you might be able to simply remove the EPROM and repace it with a clean one.

If it is soldered in place... maybe you can find someone that routinely does component (chip replacement) repairs on circuit boards.

All the chips are SMDs.. NO SOCKETS... No point in attempting to de-solder to save origional program, as it's for a new project.

The only charge for this is shippng. No charge to reset the CPU to factory defaults.

Andy

Surface Mount...

Ain't progress wonderful...

How many of you can still do a real tune-up or troubleshooting on your late-model car?

Jeez... some of you little squirts have never heard of such a thing.

Oh, well... such is the price of progress! damn...

I would say that its' a fair trade off...not being able to do your own tune-up, but not needing to do one for 100,000 miles...how I hated going out and changing plugs half way thru a big snow plowing job...my old '73 F-150 would EAT plugs in about 15,000 miles, and I never seemed to time it right...
David

Last edited:
My '73 Nova V8 got about 12K miles. And by the way you had to move the air conditioning compressior up to get to number one plug... or was it the air pump.......