InTouch : "your system may be running low on memory" and "WWHEAP" errors

nyanpasu

InTouch : "your system may be running low on memory" and "WWHEAP" errors

Hi,

I'm trying to run a managed application on a Windows 10 workstation. We are using InTouch version 11.0.04001.

The problem I'm having is that we want the computer to auto-logon on an admin user on startup, then start HistData and WindowViewer automatically, delaying view.exe in order to have histdata.exe start first. I had been running into the infamous "Memory may be low" error that pops systematically even though the system has ample memory.

The only thing that worked was to run view.exe as admin, but Windows doesn't like automatically running programs with admin rights on startup, so I had to create a task to circumvent this. Even that still gave me the error, until I clued in that disabling UAC doesn't really disable the whole UAC thing, so I went into secpol to disable the rest.

Now histdata and view start successfully, except not long after WindowViewer starts, I get a "WWHEAP Double-free detected" error. It seems to only pop once and it's okay if you continue. WWHeap memory is configured correctly in the InTouch Application Manager.

Obviously I would like getting rid of all the errors. I have contacted Wonderware tech support and I'm trying to solve this on my side, but this #%^#&@! is starting to **** me off a bit.

Has anyone had the same problem (the wwheap)? Did you manage to fix it? If so, what did you do?

I have seen those many times and they usually have to do with a corrupted file in the application. When that happens the only resolve I have had is to export everything and import into a new application. I suspect that's what tech support will tell you. Good luck.

They didn't tell me that, but that's what I've done anyway this morning and it seems to be working. Crossing fingers. Thanks for the answer.

I'm having the same problem with Windows 10.
If I start the Window Viewer from the Intouch Project Manager all is Ok. But when I try to start the Window Viewer directly, I get the memory message and project does not start.

Did anyone find out how this can be fixed?

I'm having the same problem with Windows 10.
If I start the Window Viewer from the Intouch Project Manager all is Ok. But when I try to start the Window Viewer directly, I get the memory message and project does not start.

Did anyone find out how this can be fixed?

Is WindowViewer set up to "Run as Administrator"?

Right click WindowViewer icon and select "More" > "Open file location".
Right click WindowViewer file in newly opened folder and select "Properties".
Select "Shortcut" tab, then select "Advanced".
Check box for "Run as Administrator".
Select "OK" and "Apply".

I would do the same thing for :
Intouch Application Manager
System Management Console

Last edited:
Is WindowViewer set up to "Run as Administrator"

I've tested to start the Window Viewer via right click and "Run as administrator" which made no difference.

I think it's the same as activating this option at the program executable. But I'll try this tomorrow.

Also disabling the UAC makes no difference.

Right click WindowViewer icon and select "More" > "Open file location".
Right click WindowViewer file in newly opened folder and select "Properties".
Select "Shortcut" tab, then select "Advanced".
Check box for "Run as Administrator".
Select "OK" and "Apply".

Enabling the option to "Run as Administrator" does it for me. Thank you!