Topics in RSLinx: Question about accidental deletions

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
I accidentally deleted a topic in linx and when I went to recreate it Linx wouldn't let me use the same name. It kept popping up 'This topic name exists or is invalid! Even though the name was no longer on the list I couldn't create a new topic with an identical name to another topic. I was getting this even though the original topic had been deleted.

I had to rename a topic in the registry in order to get this it to work properly.

Is there an easier way to do this, just in case it happens again? I can now fix this in just a couple of minutes. But finding out how to do it took about an hour.
Other people might be in the same boat that I was in and might not be comfortable with registries..

Last edited: