slc 500 power supply problem

medo

hi
:) i have a slc-500 series A . my problem as following.
** our power supply source is dc battery charging with solar cells, all over the day,so at midnight plc is not connected,then when removing the power supply fuse (not burnt fuse) and install it again , the power back to plc.for now i do not know if its a low voltage problem coming from battery at night,while no sun ,or its a problem related to the power supply unit itself.and what is the effect of supply voltage on plcs modules runing.
thanks

Hi,
I had to read your inquiry twice before I thought of what may help you. You may try to add a separate external timer with voltage regulator on the DC solar power. The problem MAY be that the PLC is trying to start and has a power ploblem. The timer could be set to activate the power to the PLC long after the voltage has stabilized from the solar cells. The regulator will turn off if power is low.
To test for now, turn off power to the PLC before it is low, and then turn on the power to the PLC the next day when solar/battery power is OK.

Bitmore

Last edited:
hi Bitmore,
thanks alot for helping me , i really feel so grateful and you helped me alot.

More details

Medo
so at midnight plc is not connected,then when removing the power supply fuse (not burnt fuse) and install it again , the power back to plc
Do you mean that when it comes midnight your plc is off (no power) and when you remove the fuse while it's midnight also the PLC be on.(power on)
There are some more details we want to know what is your PLC Power supply type? ,what is the configuration for your PLC ?and is the power supply is compatable with this configuration or not?Did you measure the voltage from your batteries when the PLC is of?What is the capacity of your Batteries(A/hour)?
Please provide this information so we can help you.
Good luck

Re: More details

hesham said:
Medo

Do you mean that when it comes midnight your plc is off (no power) and when you remove the fuse while it's midnight also the PLC be on.(power on)
There are some more details we want to know what is your PLC Power supply type? ,what is the configuration for your PLC ?and is the power supply is compatable with this configuration or not?Did you measure the voltage from your batteries when the PLC is of?What is the capacity of your Batteries(A/hour)?
Please provide this information so we can help you.
Good luck

plc power supply proplem.

hi,
- many thanks mr Hesham being you try to help me,ijust need to inform you ,we have already overcome our PLC power supply problem,by changing the old batteries by new,this after we had found much drop in batteries voltage by measuring it at the time of the problem,so the problem no loger occur since we have changed the batteries.

best wishes ,mr Hesham.
keep in toutch.

your friend Medo.

Last edited: