Factory Talk View ME, Where are my projects ?

As the only programmer in my company, I was running Factory Talk View Studio in version 6 (everybody else has version 5.10) Since projects edited in version 6 can't be opened in version 5.10 I decided to downgrade my version.
I had to uninstall completely to do this, and then install version 5.10
So far so good, it works!
Now, when i open Factory Talk View Studio, I can't see or select my old project files. Only the projects that has been restored after downgrading, even if can find them in their ususal location, with Windows explorer.
OK it must be a compatability problem !
So i upgraded to version 6 again, still with the same result.
I can not find a way to get Factory Talk View Studio to see the old projects.
Does anyone have a clue ??

BR. Thomas :whistle:

As the only programmer in my company, I was running Factory Talk View Studio in version 6 (everybody else has version 5.10) Since projects edited in version 6 can't be opened in version 5.10 I decided to downgrade my version.
I had to uninstall completely to do this, and then install version 5.10
So far so good, it works!
Now, when i open Factory Talk View Studio, I can't see or select my old project files. Only the projects that has been restored after downgrading, even if can find them in their ususal location, with Windows explorer.
OK it must be a compatability problem !
So i upgraded to version 6 again, still with the same result.
I can not find a way to get Factory Talk View Studio to see the old projects.
Does anyone have a clue ??

BR. Thomas :whistle:

I'm confused. You're correct, you can't open V6 with V5.1. But, weren't all the projects on YOUR computer at V6?

IDK what View does when removing directories prior to an install. I thought it kept the application directories, as James said, but I could be wrong. LOL.

Your best bet might be to reload all the projects from V5.1 APA files. You might have to do that anyway if your PC had applications that had converted to V6.

Paul T

Thats where i store my runtim files .mer rigth ?
The problem is that the project files are where they should be, but neither Application Manager or Factory View Studio can find them.
I guess that Factory View Studio, somewhere stores a project list.
But where or how to modify it, i don't know.

Not all my projects were in V.6 some was from before i upgraded, but now i'm back to V.6, and still can't find my projects.
I havent backed up all as .APA or .MER and i now need to create a .MER file from one of the (lost) projects.

Just to make sure we know what you're looking for:

If you go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects you see all the project directories for all you applications, but when you go to the FTView "Open" dialog box, they don't show up?

-Benaiah

Just to make sure we know what you're looking for:

If you go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI projects you see all the project directories for all you applications, but when you go to the FTView "Open" dialog box, they don't show up?

-Benaiah

Yeah ! Thats how it is

c:\Documents and Settings\dktan\My Documents\My Pictures\HMI Projects.bmp
c:\Documents and Settings\dktan\My Documents\My Pictures\Studio open.bmp

As new user, i dont know is this works, but i tried to attach the pictures from windows explorer and Factory Talk Studio to illustrate the differences

A long shot, but try going into Start > All Programs > Rockwell Software > FactoryTalk Tools > FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard. Walk through the configuration and see if that helps.

A long shot, but try going into Start > All Programs > Rockwell Software > FactoryTalk Tools > FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard. Walk through the configuration and see if that helps.
I don't get so set the path, when i select "this computer"
I can only choose "OK" and then nothing happens. The listed projects are still the same.

Would it be possible to use the Windows Restore to go back to a restore point from before you did the first uninstall? That might return the registry to a state where FTView would recognize your projects.

This happen to me but I have taken project folder backup not (.mer/.apa) so when I try to open it through V6 it does not allow me to open. I got the help that I have to have application or runtime backup and then restore it. When one creates a project factory talk is doing some registry entry. but fortunately I am replacing the HDD so I install old HDD and get it solved.

Hope this will help.

What you can do is save the HMI Project to another temp directory and then delete the orginal. After that go into RSStudio and select new application, give it the same name and then press the import button. There is a patch release dated Dec. 04, 2011 that may help.