Panelview Plus 1000 No Ethernet driver

asmaint2

Supporting Member
My plant recently received a machine from another plant within our company. It has a Panelview Plus 1000, 2711P-RDT10C, that communicates with a SLC 5/03, channel 0, DF1. I wanted to upload the runtime file to make sure I had the latest copy. I decided to use the ethernet port since that would be much faster. I found an IP address already assigned to the terminal in the configuration file. I am able to ping the terminal without issue, but I cannot see it in RSLinx Enterprise or RSLinx Classic using the Ethernet IP driver. I noticed in the terminals configuration file, under RSLinx Enterprise setup, that the ethernet driver is not listed, only the DF1 driver. I was able to upload the file via the DF1 driver, and 20 hours later restored the application file via the extended method as the file was created in a version previous to 5.0. I saw in the application file that the ethernet driver also does not exist. If you download a runtime file that has the ethernet driver deleted will it delete the driver from the configuration on the terminal? Will I have to restore defaults to the RSLinx Enterprise setup, and then download a runtime file with the ethernet driver included in the communication setup?

thanks,

If you download a runtime file that has the ethernet driver deleted will it delete the driver from the configuration on the terminal? Will I have to restore defaults to the RSLinx Enterprise setup, and then download a runtime file with the ethernet driver included in the communication setup?

Exactly right.

The PanelView Plus terminal uses RSLinx Enterprise for file transfers, so if a driver is deleted it can't perform an upload or download with that network protocol.

If you delete all the RSLinx Enterprise drivers and download the application (and apply the network settings) you can't communicate with the terminal at all !

The easy remedy is what you described: use the "Reset RSLinx Enterprise to defaults" function onboard the terminal, which restores a default configuration of an EtherNet/IP driver and a DF1 Full Duplex driver.

Thanks Ken! We plan to swap out the 5/03 with a 5/05, as we are trying to standardize as many of our machines as possible, so I wanted to make sure the ethernet issue was a simple fix.