Cleaning up i/o configuration

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all

When I set up the original configuration I filled the first rack with eight modules. So I started a second rack with another eight modules.

In order to get the second rack, i had to choose a comms of some sort to connect the two racks. I choose 1769-AENTR.

But since they are both in the same cabinet, I found the left to right bus expansion cable 1769CRL1

Now how to get rid of the 1769 AENTR module in the config tree.

I am only just slightly OCD enough for this to really bother me.

Your time is appreciated.

Thank you

Are the 2nd 8 modules underneath the AENTR module? What PLC are you using? I'd expect the 1769-CRL1 to be completely transparent to the processor....all modules should be in the same "Logical" rack.

L30ER Processor

Can only support eight modules on the back plane. A second rack is necessary.

Yes the second eight modules are under the AENTR Modules

L30ER Processor

Can only support eight modules on the back plane. A second rack is necessary.

Yes the second eight modules are under the AENTR Modules

As far as I know, you cannot use the 1769-CRL1 expansion cable then. Using the expansion cable, those modules would still be "local". You need to use the AENTR module in the 2nd rack, or upgrade your PLC to an L33 or L36 which would give you 16 or 30 local I/O modules respectively.

OOOOO

I know a distributor that's gonna get a noogie today, and probably a swirly too.

Is it too much to ask that the people your buying from know a little something about what they are selling