Factory Talk ME Alarm History

vitalik55

I know there is an internal function in FactoryTalk to clear the alarm history, however is there a way to do this from the PLC? Maybe an internal tag i can write to?

I know there is an internal function in FactoryTalk to clear the alarm history, however is there a way to do this from the PLC? Maybe an internal tag i can write to?

The alarm history is a FIFO (First In First Out).

There is no need to ever clear an alarm history.

It is actually detrimental to allow a "clear alarm history".

To improve performance of any system, it is important to understand what alarms are happening in frequency and when.

I would tend to agree, don't clear the Alarm history out.

What you can do is remotely acknowledge alarms; Alarm Setup Advanced tab, as well on each alarm trigger. While you're in there change the history size to 10,000.

Then create an alarm display that only shows unacked or "in alarm" alarms. When you ack the alarms, they disappear from that display.
But make sure you also have an alarm history display that shows everything.

That's how I always setup the PanelView Plus