Panel view Plus and PLC

camelpipe

Hi Guys,
hope someone can help.
I am trying to control screen selection using a move command from the plc.
I am using a Panel view plus and RSlogix 5000 software.
I want the plc to change screen display when a selector switch on the panel door is turned. Can this be done?🤞🏻

Do you have a copy of the development software- FactoryTalk View Studio for Machine Edition?
Do you have a copy of the application running on the PV+ terminal (.apa/.mer)?

1. Open up the HMI development application.
2. Open up the Display (Replace or On-Top type only) you wish to "Bring-to-Front" upon a tag value/state change.
3. Right-Click any unoccupied Display surface and pick "Display Settings...".
4. Set the Display Number to "2"; Save.
5. Open up Global Connections/Display tab/Remote Display Number and use the "Tag" radio button to open up the Tag Browser; pick the Selector Switch tag.
6. Menu bar/Application/Create Runtime application...AT THE SAME LEVEL (Save As Type) AS THE FIRMWARE RUNNING ON THE TERMINAL!
7. Download the Runtime to the terminal.

When your Selector Switch PLC tag will switch states from "0" to "1" the Display Number "2" will replace (or appear On-Top) the currently present one.

thanks but I am teaching myself and I would appreciate if there is a step by step way of doing it.

There is a step by step description on page 112 of the manual dmargineau linked you to. We're happy to help, but we'll only help to the level you're prepared to help yourself.

Read the manual, go through the steps as far as you can, and if/when you get stuck somewhere, post back with what you've tried, what you can't work out, and we'll try and help.

thanks but I am teaching myself and I would appreciate if there is a step by step way of doing it.

If you are learning FTView Machine Edition or PanelView Plus on your own, then take a look at this course from Shawn Tierney:

https://www.udemy.com/pvp-basics/

No, I haven't taken the course. But I've worked with Shawn in the past; awesome guy and really knows his stuff.
The course is highly rated and reviewed there.