Quick and dirty way to change nested to parallel

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello to all

L30ER, Logix5000 Lite, 29.011

Just read that nesting takes up more memory and that parallel processes quicker ( I know, Capt. Obvious)

I have probably 20 nested ladders in my program

Is there a quick way to change the nested ladders to parallel without having to rewrite all of it.

Any and all welcome

Thank you

click on the left of the nested branch, there should be some little squares that pop-up. Drag to the left and it will turn to a green circle. Release the mouse button and it should be parallel.

click on the left of the nested branch, there should be some little squares that pop-up. Drag to the left and it will turn to a green circle. Release the mouse button and it should be parallel.

Tried that

It keeps putting the bit on the next line up, in series.

Got It. I was making the wrong green circle.

Last edited:
Thanks Mickey

Insert a line, move it all down and rebuild.

Should have done that from the git-go

And that's the difference between quick.........and dirty.

Thank you all for the feed back

With that IMHO fast of a processor, will you be able to tell the difference?

It depends on scale - if you have 20,000+ rungs of code with nested branches, yes it will make a difference, not just in execution speed, but in memory usage as well.

And of course if you need more than a few branches, the rung gets too wide to see on the screen. One company I worked for had a "Standard" that you could see all of the rung without scrolling.

Then there's the aesthetics of it. I'll admit to being slightly OCD with my code being fastest, tidiest, and least expensive.

I don't think that you can drag and drop to change. They are different instruction types. When you create a nested branch you get a BST, NXB, and BND. The parallel is just the NXB.

And I'm with daba. Parallels are just so much easier to read than equivalent nested branches.

OG

Last edited:
I don't think that you can drag and drop to change. They are different instruction types. When you create a nested branch you get a BST, NXB, and BND. The parallel is just the NXB.

And I'm with daba. Parallels are just so much easier to read than equivalent nested branches.

OG

Yes, you can "drag and drop" nested branches onto the main "stem". You just need to be careful which green target to go for, it can be a bit confusing with all them green targets, but once you've done it a few times it gets easier....

If I get time I'll put a short video on dropbox...

I got the time - here it is

Last edited:
Yes, you can "drag and drop" nested branches onto the main "stem". You just need to be careful which green target to go for, it can be a bit confusing with all them green targets, but once you've done it a few times it gets easier....

+1

Yes it was and yes it did