CTVue configuator 3.

Alley Cat

Hi

I am new to this emersion technology and PLC type technology so I need allot of help. I am using a CTVUE-306A as a master MODBUS to talk to a :beer:a mass micro motion transmitter through a RS 485 bus. I need to get up on this CTVUE software program the CTVUE-306A. All participating technology is Emerson.

Regards

The CTVue A306 looks like a rebadged Red Lion G306. I would be willing to bet the software is a rebadged version of Crimson 3.

Here are the steps you will need:
1. Set up the 485 port to Modbus Master.
2. Add a new device to the 485 for the Mass Meter. Set up the comm parameters to match the meter.
3. Create tags for the info you want to read from the meter. In the tag set up select the proper Modbus registers you want to read for the tag.
4. Use the data in your HMI.
If you need more help you can do a search on the site for Red Lion Crimson and Modbus. You will find a lot of posts on that subject. Also Red Lion has a lot of info on their site.

Post back if you need more help.

Thanks

Yes the software is apparently Crimson 3 and the device is a g306. The trouble that I am having now is set up the comm parameters to match the meter. Could you elaborate more on how to do it using the Crimson tool. I have a strong embedded design background so I familiar with the electronics just not on the programming portion that is required. :geek:

Alley,
Please see the attached Crimson Database. It is zipped (forum rules). This should help with your questions.

I also included a MM modbus table that I have. It should be accurate for the 2700 transmitter. If you have a different transmitter there may be some differences.

Ctvue-306a

Thanks Bullzi

One thing I notice is the driver setting is different between the CTVUE software and the Crimson 3 software. It would let me update to my device. Is it posible to use Crimson to work with the CTVUE-306A.

Regards