Proficiy Historian 5 - Has anyone used it?

eeng

Hi guys,

I'm trying to extract data out of some old .iha archives and convert it into .csv...but I just cannot figure out how to load the files into the software.. Their support wasn't much help either.

Thanks in advance
Max

Hi,
I've used Proficy Historian, I wouldn't class myself as an expert though.
If I was tasked to do what you were asking I'd use the administrator tool to make sure the archive is installed (Click Datastore at the top of the administrator and it will show a list of the archives loaded) If the archive wasn't loaded, use 'Restore an Archive from' to load the archive into historian.
I do not believe there is an export to csv tool so you'll have to use the 'Excel Add-In', for example, to extract the data you want.

Hope this helps

Rich

Yes I did that, although when I try search for tags nothing shows up at all. I did see a video showing that I had to transfer the config file ".ihc" into the local directory in order to be able to load the archives contents although when I try this the "Historian Data Archive" windows service won't start and Historian doesn't open.. Very strange..Did you ever have to play around with the config files?

Thanks for that Marshy, that guide looks promising - I did rename the .ihc to the local machine name although I didn't copy the entire set of archives over I only tried with 1 of the 36 archives. Would that cause a problem?

I don't think so? I'd be inclined to get Historian up and running with your ihc file first and import the archives later. Have you got an Historian License or are you running in demo mode? I think, if running in demo mode you have limited tags, so if your config file has more tags than the demo allows the service won't start.
Another thing to check is that your are running the same version of Historian with all the updates (SIMS) the original server had.