Benchmarks

Patient

Anyone know a site or group that benchmarks PLC and HMI performance?

It would be great to if an independent group would somehow show performance differences between Compactlogix or controllogix models and Panelview models to justify upgrading. Much like PC graphics cards, Processors and SSDs.

I've recently been searching for a reason to go to the PVP 7 from the PVP 6 but I can't really find any indication that it will actually perform better even though they are now called "PVP 7 Performance"

No point in upgrading for Performance reasons unless your application processing load pushes the hardware to the point where you will notice the Performance improvement.

Much like PC graphics cards, processors and SSDs, unless you actually use the performance its pretty pointless. If upgrading parts for obsolescence reasons then thats a different story. Spec Nerds in PC world seem to spend a ton of time splitting hairs on things that they seldom actually use.

Thanks for stating the obvious. I am actually probably doing more than I should be with the PVP but feel it's still the most convenient interface for my system.

Even if I didn't need the performance it's still nice to know that companies aren't just releasing the same product with a different face.