Siemens Master Drive Question

Mad_Poet

We have three machines, and a LOT of Siemens Master Drives. Along with Siemens PLC's etc. etc. etc.

Two of the drives were on one 'common rectifier' (providing high volts DC for the drives) and I'm certain it went bad and ate the two drives. I swapped in one replacement drive, and it went bad also.

Then I replaced the common rectifier, and now it's volts read right. The two bad drives come up with a 'precharge' error - F002. And, parameter r006 says the DC bus volts is more like 38 Vdc. (The good drives on the other machines r006 = more like 700 Vdc.)

Anybody have any ideas how often this sort of thing happens?

Second, and more important question . .
All of the other drives are Version 1.55. My other spare drive is Version 1.68.
All of the drives have that F01 option - the machines have to keep the drives synched together.

That Version 1.68 drive . . . if I downgrade the firmware to version 1.55, will it keep the F01 option?

I did use the Drive Monitor program to convert the 1.5 version program from the original drive to version 1.6, then downloaded it into the spare drive. I installed that drive, and that portion of the machine now runs again. But should it keep synch with the 1.5 version drives?

(If all else fails, I will find out the hard way when two of the bad drives sent out for repairs come back.)

Mad Poet.