Identifying a PLC

TimWilborne

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to identify the PLC in the images below. Has anyone ever ran into it?

Thanks
TW

attachment.php

attachment.php

1.jpg 2.jpg

That looks a lot like a dedicated controller and not necessarily a PLC in the commercial sense of the word.

What does it do? What industry? Who suppleid the equipment where it is installed?

It looks more like a proprietary controller, and not a programmable controller. I've dealt with controllers like the one in the pic, and I usually try to find a part number on the circuit board to google it and see if it is still available on ebay or somewhere on the net.

Interesting enough this is an old cpu called Z80 made by zilog, an 8bit processor made in the 70's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilog_Z80

Last edited: