Omron CP1W-DAB21V

aandjsam

Hi all,

This is my first post on here, hopefully you can all help.

I'm very new to PLC's and have been given a project at work that's currently above my skill level. The task I've been given is as follows:

I've got a production line with 14 sensors on, these will go to a PLC (Omron CP1L-EL) which is connected to a HMI and an analog output module to go to a LCD display to show the product count. The issue is when I connect the analog output expansion module (CP1W-DAB21V), as soon as I connect this to the PLC the 'error' indicator illuminates.

Can anyone shed any light on this, I'm lost with it...I've read in some forums that I may have to put an always on flag to a DM bit, is this the case?

I'm afraid I'm going to hassle you guys a lot over the next few weeks as this is all alien to me!

Thanks in advance,
Sam

That worked a treat, thank you. I've come to the programming now and so far I've found that I'll need to use the 'Scale'/SCL instruction with a source word, which i was planning to take from my cumulative value of all of the counters, via a MOV bit (that might not be the best way to do it?) then the result word as a value to then convert to 0-10v. However, the 'First parameter word' is the one I'm unsure of.

I've come across the Arithmic process APR function before, but do I need that as the output I'm generating will be linear?

Again, any help is massively appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

If all of the counters that you want to add are sequential (C001,C002, etc) you may be able to use the SUM(184) instruction to add them together. If the are not you will need to use individual +B(404) instructions to add them all together.