how many plcs can allen bradely panel view connect to

I cannot find any documentation that specifies how many maximum.

What network ?

How many do you want to connect ?

Panelview Plus Compact, Panelview Plus 6 Compact, and Panelview Plus 7 Standard are limited to only 1 PLC. The others can communicate with multiple processors at once, but I'm unsure of what the theoretical limit is.

Actually we have 8 miro880 and one compact logix and we want to monitor alawithlwith of them with one him.from using connected components work bench seems panel view 800 using connected components can do it as you can add multiple contollers in the hmi program but we want to be sure before we purchase the hmi and the plcs.

Have you considered collecting the data with the CompactLogix, and the HMI reading them all from there ?

We have use that option before but the micro plcs are in remote sites some distance away and when the main plc is down the whole system will be down untill it is replaced thats why we considering this option.

Several things you need to consider.

1. whaen any of the plc's goes down, that hmi screen will give an error, so group all plc pages together.

2. Ethernet cables are limited to 100 meters.

3. memory limitations of the hmi display.

4. connection requirements of the hmi to each plc.

regards,
james

There is no PLC limit for PanelView Plus (except PVP compact or standard as Helliana said).
I have seen 40 PLCs work.
The PanelView 800... not sure what works in the real world.

In either case, the number of PLCs is not the main concern. It is the number of tag scans per second.
Ex. 1 tag per second from 40 PLCs = 40 tags per second
100 tags per second from 40 PLCs = 4,000 tags per second

Thanks for the response guys.are their any hmi products that are cheaper but can talkto multiple allen bradely plcs? I have used an hmi called panelmaster with fre hmi software.it worked with allen bradely plcs but has a maximum of 4. Othewise the hmi is very good and software so simple to use.still trying to find out if the have one that can talk to more allen bradeLy plcs.