how many plcs can allen bradely panel view connect to

Red Lion. Any of their models should be able to handle this. I have no experience with the Micro800 so there may be hurdles to set up a communication channel with a supported driver, but the Red Lion gear will run circles around any make or model of PainelView:

http://www.redlion.net/products/industrial-automation/hmis-and-panel-meters/hmi-operator-panels

Software is free and includes an emulator so you can create an application and test everything (except data logging and some advanced things like SQL Sync and email alerts) without spending a dime.

The emulator will talk to real hardware in most all cases as long as you map the emulated HMI port to the hosts PC port properly.

http://www.redlion.net/crimson-30

the Red Lion gear will run circles around any make or model of PainelView

I would mostly agree when compared to PanelView Plus and FactoryTalk View.
The big exceptions would be Alarms and Diagnostics; Red Lion is very limited in those two.

Beijer and Mitsubishi have some great HMIs as well.
I really like where ESA Automation is going with their HMIs (still a bit new though).

When the newer PanelView5000 gets better (another version or two?) that will be one of the best HMIs out there... money being no object.