1766 Read MSG to RS500

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have several 1400's and a few 1761 NET-ENI's all being read by one 1400 doing all the Read MSG's All works fine all is data being read out of the one 1400 into Excel for production data.
My question is I am now trying to access a 1756-L55 through a 1756-ENBT/A
I have configured the MSG in my Micrologix the same, Put in the IP for the ENBT in the multihop, inserted the Logix Backplane with the 2 address as 0
(slot the processor is in)
I created a tag in the controller tags of the RS5000 project, Data type DINT, Style Decimal, And set up the Map SLC/PLC Messages under the Logic tab to point file 20 to my tag.
I receive error code d6 in the Micrologix (0xD6..the connection was refused by the destination host) any ideas what I am missing, I am new to RS5000
Thanks

Here is the rs5000 file, I added the Map to SLC/PLC Message
and the Controller Tag "Wrt_Data"
I also added an input card to slot 5 and wrote 4 rungs of in the "Commands_In
Ladder rungs 10,11,12,&13
I have powered up the machine and all is fine, I have not put a PE on the input 5/0 yet so I forced it on.

WAG,
Dont you have to add the backplane address, which I think is 2 from memory.?
Also, having te DINT datatype may cause you confusion with the N7 as that is integer type.

I would switch it & make the logix do the messaging.!

Ideally, make the target tag in the ControlLogix project an INT[x] array of at least 20 elements. That aligns best with SLC-500 style integer data table elements.

It's possible you're doing everything right but encountering a bug in RSLogix 500 v10, described in RA Knowledgebase Article ID 92233 (Access Level: Everyone).

My other concern is with the MicroLogix 1400 serving as a data concentrator; if you've used up all your available TCP connections with explicit messaging you might have run out.

The MicroLogix 1400 supports 32 TCP connections: 16 in, and 16 out. You can diagnose how many are in use from the Connections tab in RSLogix 500 for Channel 1, or by looking on the embedded Web page. This is described in RA Knowledgebase Article 34816 (TechConnect Required).

Last edited:
Thank you It was a concern of mine how many connections I could have and as of now I only have 10 reads from the one 1400. I will confirm this from the connections tab.
After a week of thinking on this the bulb finally went off in my head that I am trying to access an IP that is not in the ranges specified by my 1400. Since IT has set this static address to match their network so the vendor can access it remotely, I have 2 options I can think of, either get with IT for IP addresses within their range or else put another ENBT in and address it to my network.
I am sure there are other options since this 5000 Has a Devicenet card in it as well and I have read some threads on using a controllogix as the ethernet hub for a Devicenet network.