Wonderware InTouch migration undefine tagname error

flux

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody can help me with this issue.

I have *.cab backup created from a lower version (Dev Studio 2012R2) and I loaded it into Galaxy (Dev Studio 2014R2).

I was able to create a new Galaxy and was able to connect to it. The issue I have is when I open it in ArchestrA IDE. It asks if I want to migrate and it will fail eventually with the following the Undefined Tagname popup (Define "?d:System_B_StopPB"?

Is it possible to just create the tagname by exporting and importing in CSV.

I'm pretty new to this wonderware thing so please pardon my ignorance. 🍺

- Flux

"?d:System_B_StopPB" is a discrete placeholder tag. You need to convert it to it's appropriate tagname, or create the tag, if it doesn't exist. If you don't know where to find this placeholder tag in an animation object, you may cross reference the tagname in animation links and find it's location.

Last edited:
If you don't know where to find this placeholder tag in an animation object, you may cross reference the tagname in animation links and find it's location.

I cant open the program in Window Maker because of the undefined tagname error, how do I cross reference?

I cant open the program in Window Maker because of the undefined tagname error, how do I cross reference?

I thought that you were only having a problem converting the app to a newer version. Can you not open the old version?

The format of a placeholder is invalid as a tagname. It should never exist within a database. I assumed that your older version of the app has an imported window that includes an object with unconverted placeholder tags.

In the past, it has not been a problem to convert an app that contains placeholders. I don't know for a fact that it is a problem with the newest version of InTouch.

I do know for a fact that the tagname you referenced is a placeholder.

Yeah... it fails during conversion and after I close the Undefined Tagname popup window it will close everything (Window Maker).

I am not really sure if I am doing this correctly and I will explain what I did.

- The contractor gave me the backup of the hmi program *.cab
- I place the *.cab file in ..\ArchestrA\Framework\Bin\BackupGalaxies folder
- Open ArchestrA IDE and created a new galaxy and chose the *.cab as the galaxy type
- Then I connected to the galaxy
- After the ArchestraA IDE window has finished loading I double click on the HMI program/application and it prompts to migrate the application
- I can see it open Window Maker and loading the different windows and eventually I get the Undefined Tagname prompt.

Am I doing this right... Is there another way to open the *.cab file using Window maker?

Also, I tried to export to *.aaPKG file from the ArchestrA IDE but when I use Intouch Application Manager to import it says Invalid Application folder or file. Maybe I will try to extract the file and import as a folder... do you think it'll work.

BTW, I have done the same process for the other HMI programs and I didnt have any problem

Thanks....

Hi Bit_Bucket

No worries I had the application migrated. Technical Support from PacWest was very helpful and gave me instructions on how to do it.

I had to delete a few files (CheckedIn/CheckedOut) *.wbk, *.win, *.bmp, *.wvw and remove an entry in the ww_wdws.ndx file.

Though I will need to edit the original application in the same Dev Studio version if I want to recover the deleted window. But for now my purpose is just to figure out which tag is responsible for generating certain alarms.

Cheers

Hi Bit_Bucket

No worries I had the application migrated. Technical Support from PacWest was very helpful and gave me instructions on how to do it.

I had to delete a few files (CheckedIn/CheckedOut) *.wbk, *.win, *.bmp, *.wvw and remove an entry in the ww_wdws.ndx file.

Though I will need to edit the original application in the same Dev Studio version if I want to recover the deleted window. But for now my purpose is just to figure out which tag is responsible for generating certain alarms.

Cheers

Great!

Glad to hear that you got your problem resolved.