Exporting I/O listing in rslogix 5000

Robb B

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to find a way to get a CSV or other delimited text file of I/O addresses and labels from a compactlogix. I can get nice ones from Rslogix 500, but with 5000 (compactlogix) the file comes out practically useless. Any suggestions? I'm using the export function right now.

Can you explain what aspect of the export function's results are "useless" and what you'd prefer? I've done a fair bit of this sort of thing, so we should be able to figure out something that'll work for you.

When I export the data files, the tag listing doesn't have the local addresses with the slot/card. I'll take some screenshots, maybe that will explain better.

The L5K for does have what I need, assuming I read it right. Local address and data point. I had missed the L5K export feature, used to the last 4 SLC I did this for...

The file is pretty cluttered still, but I think a few find/replacing will clean the dross pretty good. I'm trying to end up with a hardcopy of the I/O listing, for other electricians to troubleshoot with.

Last edited:
The L5K for does have what I need, assuming I read it right. Local address and data point. I had missed the L5K export feature, used to the last 4 SLC I did this for...

The file is pretty cluttered still, but I think a few find/replacing will clean the dross pretty good. I'm trying to end up with a hardcopy of the I/O listing, for other electricians to troubleshoot with.

If you don't already use it, Notepad++ is a fantastic tool for opening the L5K files.

Tools > Export > Tags and Logic Components

This should get you what you want in 5000 regardless of whether it is CLX or CPLX. It will give you all of the tags in the project including IO.