Mitsubishi Q series Data Compare...Help

MitsM83

Okay so,

I have a user data base that consists of 100 users that have 10 words of data each. So 1000 words.

My log in data is coming in as BIN ASCII into 3 words. It is gathered from a ID badge reader at my HMI not that that matters.

When a person scans the badge I need to check the 1000 word data base for a match to the 3 word card data. Then grab the 10 word user info and hold it in the logged in user area of my code.

I can think of a few ways to do this but want short and efficient code.

Off the top of my head I am thinking use some BKCMP= and indirect addressing but that is going to need a lot of registers and internal relays.

Any one have any cool commands for comparing one data register to 1000 then showing where the match is??

Just started to think this over I will come up with something, would be nice if someone has all ready done the work for me!!

[FONT=&quot]Well no one instruction comes to mind. However I do something very similar on an Fx3U but using numbers as the password.

FOR X := 0 TO 399 DO
IF LoginEnteredPassword = Users[X].Password THEN
LoginLevel_Int := Users[X].Level;
BMOV_M(TRUE,Users[X].Name[0],K20,CurrentUserName[0]);
END_IF;
END_FOR;[/FONT]

Nice thanks for the input. I couldn't find any one command either. What I ended up doing is dirty but its working. I will probably change it ten times and end up with something cleaner... I cant type it in Structured Text lol but here is the skinny. It is for lack of a better term scanning the 1000 word area for a match then using the match location to get the rest of the 10 word log in data.

IF good scan-- [MOVP scan data D0]
IF good scan-- [/]M0 -- [INC Z1]
IF good scan-- [= D0 R0Z1]-- [MOVP Z1 D1] and [SET M0]

BMOV R0Z1 D10 K10
Then just use D1 value to go get the rest of the user data.
There is quite a bit more to it than that to keep it accurate and stop the INC of Z1 but that gets you an idea.