MELSEC find IO

I kind of took you the long way around on account of not ever using that HMI.

Hey at least you found out how to navigate all the network params haha.

I think you found what you are looking for. In the HMI.

For some reason the first time I googled that Keyance the top link was a vision system that through me off pretty hard.

In the HMIs I am used to you can search the PLC devices or tags that are being used. Looks like you have that in VT Studio too. But I could not tell you how to get to it.

Anything else you want me to take the long way around on in GX-Works2? Ha

nah, it helped since I need to verify if its not really programmed in the PLC and you said that BMOV and in the program there's BMOV K4B100 K4Y1000 K9 but Y1023 is included there since its B100-B10F move to Y1000-Y100F until B120-B12F to Y1090-Y109F ?

Last edited:
if there is another BMOV/MOV thats overlapping that BMOV example MOV X1 Y1023, what will happen? there's another MOV K4B400 K41090 in the logic so its overlapping or I overdid the the first BMOV up there?

Last edited:
Well that depends on a few things.
I haven't seen MOV used with one bit though I don't know if it would even let you do it. Lets say though you SET Y1023 to on in the same scan a SET should hold it on. I would think though if it was just a coil like an output it would change twice in each scan depending on the state of X1 and B123 are in your example.
If you are finding multiple MOV and BMOV like for the same devices. Its condition is probably not true so they are not running at the same time.
Unless.....
They could be in standby programs and/or have to be called so they are not scanned by the CPU at the same time.
You can check that in the tree on the left side under Program Settings ( I believe you can also see it under PLC Parameters under one of the tabs). If there is a plus sign next to the item there are programs in it. See if you have any in Standby.
There are a few ways to jump things in programs or call a few rungs to only run under a condition or only on boot up if that makes sense. You can search for commands in the Find/Replace drop down. You could look for like MC, JUMP, CALL
If you find any of those commands highlight it by clicking once on it and press the F1 key on your PC to see what they do.

ok like XIC B123 OTE Y1023(using rslogix terms sorry)

Both the BMOV it has the same conditions to turn on and is in scan program, just different ladder file.

Its been to long since I have done any rslogix haha.

Its hard to say from here with out seeing the program.

The only class I have taken where I have learned all I am saying is here at this link.
http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/e-learning/eng.html#en_ba

You need GXWorks 2 Basics
I know the basics part makes it sound lame but its a pretty informative online class. It will have you set up a simulator and write code you can even try the commands you are asking about.

I am confident if you take it you will be able to solve whatever issues you have with the Q series.

I hope you are liking Mitsubishi so far haha. The good part is all the classes are free and online.

Are LW/LB same with the B000, W000?anyone know the relationship between LB and LW shown in network range assignment, here http://prnt.sc/endule? where can the be found, in the PC connected to it or just linked PLCs?

found definition here

The link relays B and link registers W are the names of data in the CPU. They are called LB and LW in
the
network module, respectively, and the data actually
shared on the network are LB and LW. Since the CPU
cannot handle LB and LW directly, LB/LW data are read
into the CPU module after they are shifted to B/W

Last edited:
recap: now i am looking for the B/ W but there is no SET/ BMOV function that sets the B/W. is it possible to come from the 2nd plc in the rack or more possible the PLC network via QJ?

Last edited:
Last edited:
So you have two coaxle networks. Network 141 and network 14. Whichever one you clicked on in the above lower screen shot is where those W700 words are from.

just to clarify, MitsM83, the refresh parameter screenshot just says that whatever is in the station3's W700 is the same with the my plc's W700 since its the same mapping, but you can still change it if you want though. I am unsure since i got this from CC-link but QJ71BR11 communication is another type or no?

Last edited:
Yes,
The W700 is most likely from this station.

The module appears to be a coaxial type MelsecNet Module that is running in MNet/10 I can get you a manual for this but it will speak of using GX Developer instead of GX Works2 software to do configuration. http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh080124/sh080124s.pdf

(Most the screens are the same across the new and old software)

The manual you had is for a slightly different newer network but the concept is the same really.

Hope that helps,

I would find out what devices are on this network that can tell you more info about the data you will see also.