CL V15 - Sercos Module Issue

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
For anyone who is using Contrologix V15 with a Sercos motion module be aware of this known issue, snip from Release notes:
/ snip begin

§ MSG Instruction Support for Ring Phase – This release of RSLogix 5000 allows the MSG instruction to be configured for SERCOS Ring Phase control. Two new CIP Generic message Service Types were added for SERCOS Ring Phase Get/Set. Also, an associated Transition To Phase setting was added to the SERCOS Interface tab of SERCOS module properties. (Requires motion module firmware revision 15.06 or greater.)

/ snip end

This does NOT work, I was able to confirm with Rockwell Tech support this AM, that they know is does not work and a fix is NOT in the works at the moment.

Ian Phillips

This sounds more like it has to do with CIP messaging to a module object, rather than something having to do with the SERCOS implementation.

The message instruction returned an "Unsupported Service" code; what exact Service, Class, Instance and Attribute are you using in the Message ? I presume you are certain that the message is pointed toward the correct module (it's an easy mistake because the Path field is on a secondary window tab.)