Barcode Scanner to Panelview Plus

Hank2221

We are currently using a Panelview Plus 700 to store and load recipes to our plc 5000. We are wanting to incorporate a barcode scanner to take the human error out of the process of choosing the recipe. Our local rockwell supplier is sending us a scanner to connect via USB to the panelview. Of course our recipes are stored in the "recipeplus" but how do I select the correct recipe using the scanner? FWIW we use 26 recipes. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum, Hank.

Did your A-B supplier provide any documentation that says the barcode scanner will work with PanelView Plus ? PV+ supports "HID" profile devices pretty well (like mice and keyboards) but other drivers are less well supported. The modern PV+ 6.0 operating system has much better USB support, especially for memory devices and printers.

I'm about to get started on a RecipePlus application myself. Are you using the PV+ 5.10 or the new PV+ 6 ? The new one will have a new edition of the RecipePlus ActiveX, which is probably similar in functionality but a little different under the hood to account for the newer OS.

If the barcode scanner works like a keyboard, then it's going to be like a "keyboard wedge", where it enters the barcode data into a Numeric Entry or String Entry object.

If the barcode Scanner works like a serial port, then you're probably going to need to do some work with the Kepware "UCON" driver.