Archestra IDE (Intouch) deploying

oxykill

Hi there everyone,

So first, i'm new around here, so thanks that a site like that exist :p

Now, i'm a new user of archestra IDE (i've worked on intouch for most of my school project) and now I land in IDE.

So, i'm asking if I need to have in every "client" machine (operator) Archestra IDE installed.

I need to deploy some intouch application in two operator computer. Those intouch application are hosted in a main galaxy server.

Thanks for your help !

- Another question for my knowledge :

Is there any way to take all my intouch tags and integrate them in IDE (for easy using of historian and potentially expansion)

(all our applications were developed using Intouch ( PLC -> DAserver -> Intouch )

When installing the software you should have a selection for Application Server Runtime...This will install all of the necessary software ie..boostrap, Gateway and intouch.

There is a lot more setup though, having the host files match with the server and the correct user accounts created.
Make sure you create your user accounts before the install. (Administrator, Wonderware and wwservices)

If using historian make sure to install the historian client last.

Not sure about the conversion from Intouch to App server, I believe you will have to create a lot of scripts depending on what your using for your binding and IO server.

Answers in short.
1.So, i'm asking if I need to have in every "client" machine (operator) Archestra IDE installed.

No but you will need the runtime software installed so intouch and view software. The IDe only needs to go onto your Galaxy Repository and Thin version IDE on your development machines

2. Is there any way to take all my Intouch tags and integrate them in IDE

When you say integrate do you mean as symbols within objects?

Although you can use a standalone Intouch within the IDE your functionality will stay the same and you loos the benefits of object orientated.

If you want to change to objects you will need to rebuild into Archestra graphics. But you are able to use Smartsymbols with objects if your system is configured for it.

Rheinhardt

Thanks for the help !

But i'm wondering about :

On my Runtime machine trying to connect to my server machine :

Unable to connect to Galaxy, check logger for details

That it, no more information ( where is this logger ? )

I checked that the two machines have the same network accout (here wwuser)

I also check that the good directory are shared on the server

( aaFileRepository, aaSF$, ArchestrA Galaxy Data and Wonderware$)

but if I check in explorer, the only folder I can see is (aaFileRepository, Archestra Galaxy Data)

Another question : Is the galaxy need to run into server (I mean galaxy IDE open) to connect with remote on ?

Are you able to ping the machines using their machine names. So what im looking at is that the DNS is working if you are not able to do this you need to edit your host files.

No the IDE does not need to be open on the GR. The services should be running though.

archestra IDE updating users

Do you guys know of any typical reasons why AD users aren't updating in Archestra even after the synchronizing completes?

I suggest start a new thread and explain your problem in a bit more detail. At least explain your architecture and software versions ect.