?? Ever used Murr Cube 20 - IO ??

Esieli

Hello,

I was looking for alternatives to using the standard AB Local IO and I came across the Cube 20 series from Murr.

I know the response rates are nowhere as close, but it seems to be much more economical to use Allen Bradley for just the processing and use Murr for IO. It also allows me to standardize on this IO regardless of which PLC I use, since I can swap the Master Com Module.

Does anyone have experience with this series from Murr?

Thanks in Advance!

Never used Murr but have used lots from Beckhoff, Wago, Siemens, Omron Vipa and Helmholz. Looking at the Murr Cube 20 I see no status LEDS for the I/O points. For that reason I would not use them.

Looking again Murr has a range called Cube 20S. Looks very like Vipa. If you must go with Murr, these are better. Just my opinion.

Never used Cube20 but we've used lots of Cube67. They make good products in my opinion. They also have very good support. The sales/applications guy we work with knows his stuff.

I've used cube 20 a lot.

It is cheaper than Allen Bradley I/O and you get a ton of I/O for the space/cost. I think the smallest module is at 32DI/DO. They may do a combination of inputs and outputs but I always used the dedicated modules.

In fact, I used to just use a processor from AB - an L16 or L18 and then do all of the I/O in the same cabinet with Murr cube 20. You can do thousands of I/O points for 1 Ethernet/IP node!

If you don't want to run everything to terminals, you can also order potential blocks that clip on to the bottom of the modules in blue and brown (for + and - power).

The cube 67 series is also great if you do a lot of pneumatics - especially valve stacks. You can get an interface module for a stack that allows you to buy the much cheaper D-sub valve stacks and still control everything remotely via Ethernet I/P.

I see you are in Georgia - I believe Murr is headquartered there or has a large facility around there. You should be able to find just about everything.

Never used Murr but have used lots from Beckhoff, Wago, Siemens, Omron Vipa and Helmholz. Looking at the Murr Cube 20 I see no status LEDS for the I/O points. For that reason I would not use them.

If I recall correctly, cube 20 I/O points on the terminal block light up (the terminal block is clear). I will admit, however, that at times it can be hard to see exactly which pin is lit.

Murr is technically headquarted in Germany, but their main US office is in GA.

To add a little more, we had a couple of customers that were hesitant to use anything but Rockwell I/O. Murr went in there and did some training for them.

If I recall correctly, cube 20 I/O points on the terminal block light up (the terminal block is clear). I will admit, however, that at times it can be hard to see exactly which pin is lit.

I'm fairly certain you are correct, I have never seen anything that they make that didn't have LED indication of I/O points.

I had a look at this stuff trying to save a $. Too dear - too big - I am much better off with the Omron offering - smaller - cheaper - 2 Ethernet ports for loop in/loop out.