Omron coil not powering

Icehouse

Hi There,
I've started a new program using CX programmer.
Single input, single coil on a single rung. When running simulator in monitor mode I cannot get the coil to turn green unless I 'set on'. Using the input NO contact I get green either side of the coil but no the actual coil itself.
Have set operating mode to monitor, completely restarted CX programmer and created a whole new program with only the below ladder.
Any help appreciated.

0.04 W100.0
------| |-------( )-------|

Are you scanning the program? Is your routine in a sub that isn't being called? Bypass the 0.04 contact to see if the coil energizes. If so, track down what is happening with 0.04.

Hey Mate,
Thanks for prompt reply. It's a brand new program (file/new) with nothing else in it. I can energise the coil if i right click 'set on', but not if I turn on the contact.
I swapped contact for a NC contact and still the coil doesn't go live. The rung goes green, but not the centre of the coil.

Last edited:
Hey Mate,
Thanks for prompt reply. It's a brand new program (file/new) with nothing else in it. I can energise the coil if i right click 'set on', but not if I turn on the contact.
I swapped contact for a NC contact and still the coil doesn't go live. The rung goes green, but not the centre of the coil.

You are simulating but is the processor in run mode or program mode?

Heres some screenshots:

s!Anplaald1KCVg7B12UDp4YqquRaNVw

s!Anplaald1KCVg7B2AcRrqNAxlxeJTA

or

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anplaald1KCVg7B2AcRrqNAxlxeJTA?e=xnj0F2
and
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anplaald1KCVg7B1Aw_sujBbKpjb0w?e=Khk8OE

Last edited:
Huh. Your second photo makes no sense, it should be on. It definitely shows that it's on.

Can you program it to an internal bit and look in the memory table to see if it's on?

That is what I am getting at. The operational section has to be before the END.

More info

Hi Everyone,
Thanks again for your help.
Still got same issue. To clarify this is a brand new project with only a button and coil, nothing else has been setup and I am only running via simulator.
I have now re-installed both a trial and full licenced (junior) version of CX programmer. Still no dice.
Here's another screen shot of the full program with memory allocation and also showing end rung.

s!Anplaald1KCVg7EFKoYYJf-IhxWOdA

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anplaald1KCVg7EFKoYYJf-IhxWOdA?e=m8lsRG