Modicon 484 /984 to new modicon PLC

ranjana

R
We have Modicon 484 and 984 PLC and we want to convert to a latest modicon PLC for the below requirement.

Below is the I/O requirement for 484 PLC:
AC input: 80
DC input: 16
AC output: 80
DC output:16

Below is the I/O requirement for 984 PLC:
AC input:64
DC input:32
AC output:64
DC output:32

What new software would we have to buy.will this software be used to view or upload program from old 484 and 984 and dump that program into the latest Modicon PLC.

Many thanks

For latest Quantum PLCs there are 2 programming S/ware used
1/Concept
2/Proworx/Nxt

But I think Concept is more powerful.

Regarding converting ur old program to new version of s/ware u must check with Modicon Vendors.

The latest and greatest Schneider Electric Modicon programming package is Proworx32. This is a 32 bit client/server package designed to program all processors that use the 984 Ladder Logic language. I believe it will also import 584 ladder programs. 484 and 884 software packages are not available from Modicon, however independent vendors may offer them.

Both of your systems could be replaced with any of the new Modion processors, however given your I/O count, I think you would be happiest with the Quantum family. The 984 program can be downloaded to the Quantum after the configauration (traffic cop) has been updated. The 484 program can be keyed in (almost directly) if you don't want to get a third party package.

We have recently developed a utility that converts 484 Taylor program to Modicon Modsoft ( usable with Quantum.. convertable to proworx or Concept )...

If anybody intereseted Let us know at

L&T
[email protected]

you may want to look into concept programmming sw. it can do both 984LL and iec1131 languages. iec1131 is far better than ladder logic. don't know about the conversion. when i converted from 984's, i chucked the old programs and wrote new iec1131 programs with concept.