Yaskawa A1000

So.... where does that leave me? Can I safely connect the A1000 drive to corner-grounded 240V power without letting the smoke out or not? Do I have to remove the MOV filter network in the front end / is that possible?
-rpoet
It's your call, but the only SAFE option in my mind is to install a "drive isolation transformer" ahead of the drive. It would be 230 Delta primary, 230/133V Wye secondary. You don't USE the 133V L-N voltage of course, but it creates what the VFD components are looking for, a solid reference to ground on the input line voltages.

Example only, not an endorsement:

If you were (hopefully) going to use a Line Reactor, you can eliminate that as this transformer will provide the same level of drive protection as the reactor would have.

It's your call, but the only SAFE option in my mind is to install a "drive isolation transformer" ahead of the drive. It would be 230 Delta primary, 230/133V Wye secondary. You don't USE the 133V L-N voltage of course, but it creates what the VFD components are looking for, a solid reference to ground on the input line voltages.

Example only, not an endorsement:

If you were (hopefully) going to use a Line Reactor, you can eliminate that as this transformer will provide the same level of drive protection as the reactor would have.

The compressor is a pre-packaged unit, and comes with a line reactor installed.

I got written confirmation from Yaskawa that the drive would be OK on corner-grounded delta power, for whatever that's worth. They also said I should install "ground fault protection" on the circuit supplying the drive, and when I pressed the tech he couldn't really explain why or how that would help; it seemed like a CYA to me, and goes to your point regarding Yaskawa not really understanding delta power.

Anyway, the drive powered up without any issues, and is running without a transformer. Time will tell if issues crop up.

Ugh. I hate corner-grounded delta power.

-rpoet