1746-P4 no lights.

HoldenC

On a routine check, I came across one of out SLC-500 systems not working. The power supply has no lights on it at all. So im assuming the fuse has blown. However, the P4 has an internal fuse, so it wont be easy to check.

Luckily the system is rarely used, so I have some time to deal with this.

I have a spare P4 power supply, but Im afraid to put it in and blow another fuse (if this is what happened). I see the P4 calls for a 250V 4A fuse, I wonder if I might install a inline fuse with a 3amp rating, that way it will blow first in event of a problem.

What might cause a fuse to blow ? We suffered a power loss on that system a couple weeks ago. Im hoping that might be the problem.

Has anyone ever tried to replace the fuse on a P4 power supply ? ive worked on a few circuit boards before, but didnt know how hard this would be. I wont get a chance to go back to the site till late next week to inspect the power supply.