Querying all alarms on Wonderware galaxy

phuz

I'm not understanding the alarm control manual. I have no problem querying alarms in an area:
\galaxy!Area001

But I'd like to query all alarms in the galaxy. Unfortunately, \galaxy doesn't work. At a minimum, I'd at least like to get all the alarms on the platform and I can't get that working either.
I've tried:

\galaxy!<myPlatform.tagname>
and
\galaxy!<WinPlatform_001.tagname>
and
\galaxy!<me.Platform.tagname>

The only thing I can think of is adding each area individually:
\galaxy!Area001 \galaxy!Area002 \galaxy!Area003

Last edited:
If your model view is laid out with a "top" area - ie...

CompanyName
SiteName
Line
etc...

All you have to do is filter your alarms on 'CompanyName' that will give you all the alarms for the entire galaxy. Archestra best practices states that the model view for your areas needs to have a seperate area for every alarm query you want to run. Thats one of the main purposes to have a clean model view with areas contained under each other.

Last edited:
If your model view is laid out with a "top" area - ie...

CompanyName
SiteName
Line
etc...

All you have to do is filter your alarms on 'CompanyName' that will give you all the alarms for the entire galaxy. Archestra best practices states that the model view for your areas needs to have a seperate area for every alarm query you want to run. Thats one of the main purposes to have a clean model view with areas contained under each other.

With a galaxy named Utility, I have tried \galaxy and \galaxy!Utility with no results. In other words, I set the provider='galaxy' as the only filter and still get nothing.
My formatting must be wrong.
But the manual clearly states you can query an entire platform and this is simply not working:

Code:
\galaxy!<myPlatform.tagname> Shows all alarms from the Winplatform
object hosting the Automation Object.

Last edited:
You have to have the AlarmProvider Server name as well

\\ServerAlarmProviderName\Galaxy!Utility

Then all of the Instances need to be contained under the Utility Area in the Model view for the alarms to populate.

You have to have the AlarmProvider Server name as well

\\ServerAlarmProviderName\Galaxy!Utility

Then all of the Instances need to be contained under the Utility Area in the Model view for the alarms to populate.

That's not true. \\ServerAlarmProviderName\ is only needed for a remote node.
I have no problem with \Galaxy!Area
It queries all the alarms for that area.

I'll admit that I was looking at the deployment tab, rather than the model tab, and I see that now, but that still doesn't help me query the galaxy.

Last edited:
That's not true. \\ServerAlarmProviderName\ is only needed for a remote node.
I have no problem with \Galaxy!Area
It queries all the alarms for that area.

I'll admit that I was looking at the deployment tab, rather than the model tab, and I see that now, but that still doesn't help me query the galaxy.

I was assuming you had a remotenode - you did not give enough information for me to believe other wise.

If you say you can Query '\Galaxy!Area - Then goes back to my first post that you need a TOP LEVEL AREA - WIth TestArea contained underneath it. This has to be done in the MODEL view. Create a Top Area Called TopArea Drag and drop your undeployed areas 'TestArea' 'TestArea2' etc.. onto the 'TopArea' Area - Deploy

Now query
\Galaxy!TopArea

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I was assuming you had a remotenode - you did not give enough information for me to believe other wise.

If you say you can Query '\Galaxy!Area - Then goes back to my first post that you need a TOP LEVEL AREA - WIth TestArea contained underneath it. This has to be done in the MODEL view. Create a Top Area Called TopArea Drag and drop your undeployed areas 'TestArea' 'TestArea2' etc.. onto the 'TopArea' Area - Deploy

Now query
\Galaxy!TopArea

Thanks, I'll try that. I've forgotten some of the best practices as it's been 2 1/2 years since I went through the System Platform training and I really haven't had a proper project to do until now.
I appreciate the help and sorry for not specifying it was a local node.