SAIA M110 Time synchronisation problem

Hi all,

I just bought a 2nd hand SAIA PCD2.M110 and I managed to get it up an d running, when I am connected to the device with the SAIA Online Configurator it shows me I'm connected and I can start and stop the program but Selecting the Clock option and synchronize the clock results in a error message "NAK"

Version of the PCD2.M110 is 5

Is this a configuration problem or does this CPU not hav a realtime clock at all?

Kind regards,

Ralf

Last edited:
If my memory do me well, the hardware clock was an add-on-card up to (but not included) hardware version H on this rather old PLC. From hw-version H the hardware clock is included on the main-print.
When you say: "Version of the PCD2.M110 is 5", I think it is Firmware version 005, and not the HW version. The firmware can be updated, but since this version doesn't use flash, you have to change EPROM. (But changing firmware will not give you a realtime clock since that is hardware..)
PDF-manuals can be downloaded from the support site http://www.sbc-support.ch/
http://www.sbc-support.ch/pcd2/mxxx/m1x0/pcd2m110.htm

Regards

Thx for your answer, it is indeed Software version 5 ( I got this when I connected the PG5 software) I did check the circuit board for a hardware revision and in the number on the board there is a 'H'. When I read the documentation I found PCD1.M110 does not have a RTC, but it clearly mentions all PCD2/3/4/5 do have a RTC.
My PCD2.M110 has got 2 battery slots for 2 AAA batteries instead of the Button cell the newer version have.
Since the PLC is working correctly I assume you are right and there is no RTC onboard.

Regards,

Ralf

The button-cell battery came with the HW version "H" I think, so you must have an older version. You don't find the HW-version on the print itself, but on a small white paper note on the print. 3 lines, someting like: PCD2.M110 D-- 9513 and some numbers. This example says HW version D, produced in week 13 year 1995.
On these old versions you can't read the HW-version from the software, so you have to rely on the note.

The add on card with RTC used on the older versions to get at RTC only, is named PCD2.F500. If it still is in the store...

Regards

Hi Ralf

Looks like it is HW ver. "G"

So regarding to the manual it means spesification prior to ver H, that means:

- no RTC onboard
- differente battery type
- no internal EEPROM (config memory ++)
- less user-memory
- no Flash-memory option on user socket

Beyond that it should be the same I think

Regards

All clear now!!

Thanks a lot, now lets program the ******* and let my Whirlpool come alive :)

A RTC would have been handy, but I guess I can live without it.

Now lets hope the SAIA guys are so generous that they send me a hobbyist user key for the PG5 program (I send them a email)

If not I found some free version of PG5 1.2 which will probably suit my needs.

Thanks again for all the help!

Cheers!