Wonderware DASMBTCP Modbus TCP Device ID

fredbear

So I am trying to access data from an Eaton PXG900 Power gateway with Wonderware. The gateway can be polled for data by Modscan and does provide valid data provided I have the correct Device Id configured in the appropriate field, but I am having trouble figuring out the correct syntax for addressing the gateway's sub-devices, using what Modscan calls 'Device ID', from Wonderware through the DASMBTCP IO server, which works well for all the other devices on this network. There simply is no field that corresponds with 'Device Id' in the DASMBTCP configuration window. The device I am trying to get data from is an Eaton ATS controller connected to the Eaton Gateway via a RS-485 modbus RTU connection. All of that seems to be working well, the problem is in accessing the data with Wonderware in the same way that Modscan does without any issues.

Cheers, thanks, yes I was wondering if I had to use the Modbus Bridge, which may work, but was hoping that there was some funky syntax you could place in the regular PLC object IP addrerss field. Something like 10.10.10.24, DeviceID or 10.10.10.24: DeviceID.

While I have tried a bunch of things already, I am now convinced that something might have worked if not for the dozens of polling of data that results in exception errors. Unfortunately I'm no longer on site so I'm trying to research what the correct configuration is likely to be so there's not too much time wasted in experimenting when I return.