A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Hi Zimmer

Archies Siemens driver is an Alpha version and I think that it only supports M memory at the moment. So to play you would have to add a rung to your PLC program so that Q0.0 switches say M0.0, then you should be able to see the changes on the HMI. Busy at work today but will try to add more info later.

Hopefully in two or three weeks I should have tacked a system called libnodave to the Advanced HMI and then you will have full access to the PLC. It depends on how quickly I run out of time or talent.

Hi Zimmer

So to play you would have to add a rung to your PLC program so that Q0.0 switches say M0.0, then you should be able to see the changes on the HMI.

Thanks a lot m8, worked straight away.
It might only be a red/green light , but I'm happy :p

AdvancedHMI and Siemens drivers

Hi Archie

I made a start on mashing libnodave in to AdvancedHMI, particularly your SiemensPPI driver. I got as far as ReadAny() and have libnodave reading data from the PLC and the data is returned to a buffer. I got stuck in presenting the data in the format you require for ExtractData() and then hacking that code to use libnodave. A job for next weekend I think. If you would like a copy of where I am up to then please PM an email address and I will send a copy.

Bryan

I made a start on mashing libnodave in to AdvancedHMI, particularly your SiemensPPI driver. I got as far as ReadAny() and have libnodave reading data from the PLC and the data is returned to a buffer. I got stuck in presenting the data in the format you require for ExtractData() and then hacking that code to use libnodave.
My Siemens driver is probably not a very good reference since it is nothing more than the DF1 driver hacked up to read Siemens. The TwinCAT driver is a much better reference because the code is much cleaner. If you look at ICommComponent.vb, you will see what is required to implement a driver to work with AdvancedHMI.

In short, the ReadAny functions will accept any valid address and return the result in string format. The most challenging part of the driver is implementing the subscribe function.

I will definitely be interested in seeing what you have if you get a working version.

Have been looking through the latest version and have a couple of questions on the changes:
PLCAddressValue is the memory address in the PLC that holds the value you want to get. Was just PLCAddress.

I am figuring that PLCAddressText is the memory address in the PLC that holds the name of a Control i.e. Oil Pressure

NumericFormat uses the standard format system to format the data:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y006s0cz(v=vs.71).aspx

Basic label has changed so that it can show either a Value or Text.

You have added a PLCaddressVisibility property which does pretty much what it says on the tin.
The new format of the controls use PLCAddressXXXXXX, where XXXXXX is the property of the control that will be set by the PLC value. For example, If you use a BasicLabel and set the PLCAddressText to "N7:0", then the text property will be set to the value in N7:0. If you set PLCAddressVisibility to "B3/0", then the control will only be visible when B3/0 is true (1).

For things like the gages, if you set PLCAddressValue to "N7:0", then the value on the gage/meter will be the value in N7:0

Hopefully I didn't make that too confusing. I wanted to create a pattern to make it easy to link any of the object properites to a value in the PLC.

is there any one knw how to connect rsview 32 with rs logix 500 which is using rs emulate please telkl me the whole procedure step by step and requierd software remember that i am using rs emulate as a plc ,,when i try to connect the tag shows error please help me my automation friends

Can This HMI application WRITE to PLC ?

Hi,
I hope it is possible to read as well as write to / from PLC. I could not figure out which control could be used to take user input and write it to PLC's word address.
I tried to use ModbusTCP driver, initial attempts to hook it up to Schneider M340 failed , but I am sure it should connect , now only question is , can we write to PLC or Not?
Regards
Shriram Pendse

I could not figure out which control could be used to take user input and write it to PLC's word address.
I tried to use ModbusTCP driver, initial attempts to hook it up to Schneider M340 failed , but I am sure it should connect , now only question is , can we write to PLC or Not?
Tru adding a BasicLabel and setting the PLCAddressEntry property. That will make a keypad popup when the label is clicked to allow writing to that address.

The ModbusTCP driver has only been tested on a simulator, so there may still be issues with it working with PLC hardware.

That looks great, it has clearly taken a great deal of efort to get where you are.
I have been musing with building a PC based HMI for some time now but my graphics would ahve been sad in comparison to these.

I will definatly be taking a long serious look at your application, I have a generator and alt energy install to automate at home and not much budget to do it.
Its on a maxed out Seimens LOGO! right now.

I here what you say RE scripting but have a couple of questions.

Given that poor, or for that matter even long, code is likely to affect the responce of the system how are you handling real time issues?
(Comms events for example)

Wouldnt modifying the base code directly require compilation after every change?

Are you not worried about getting bad press because ill concieved or exicuted code mods are causing instabillity?
(A stack overflow due to poor recursive object handling for example)

RE development I do have a suggestion which you may or may mot like.

Have you considdered utilising a database, PostGres for example (also free), as a decision making engine.
The database could relativly easily hold user scripting, without risking your core code.
You would have the advantage of vertually limmitless storage and organisation of date with the advantage that trigger operations are natevly available.

With a little thought given to the initial database design it could be made dynamic and therfoer configurable from the front end IE your code.

I would be very interested in sharing my thoughts if you are up for it, as I am convinced that a scripted database is the way to go when handling data making decisions based on it.

Clearly you'r the man RE GUI, Hats off buddy....

Al

Hi Archie

Things have moved on a chunk. I can now read M and V memory in an S7-200 in bytes, words and double words. I can read V memory as Real but haven't managed to get Advanced HMI to display is correctly yet. I put in a couple of new settings in my PLC driver properties and got instant access to an S7-1200 via ISOTCP. I have tested the serial driver at 9600 an 19200 baud, again the choice is in properties.

I currently only have one Control on screen, I haven't tried reading bits, I haven't looked at writing, there is still a lot to do, but I am getting there.

Bryan

In progress by Archie are Modbus, OPC and TwinCAT, I don't know how complete they are. I am working on getting libnodave to hook in to the system which should add a large range of Siemens PLCs in to the mix.

Hello Archie,
Yesterday I could hook up this to Schneider M340 PAC controller on ModbusTCP. I could read / write %MW area variables from this real hardware (not simulator). Well , now next thing could be serial Rs485 Modbus RTU.
Thanks,
Shriram Pendse